UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

What Griff said. Hoping you have some stories to tell.

Speaking of stories - many moons ago a younger Owl was going to tell us how Wispa got into tracking missing dogs and some of her early adventures. Has enough time elapsed that you have the time now for this? Apologies if you haven't but I'd love to hear  about it if you do now.

Some were released last night..I rang down to my mum and then literally by the time she had logged on....gone! It was click and collect but that is absolutely fine as it's no contact anyway. My dad and I will have to try and get to Lidl or somewhere...the queues are less there and just try and get stocked up again as best we can so I don't have to keep going out

Suzeanna that sounds fascinating about the SOE. Super brave men & women who served behind the lines, I have much admiration and respect for them 👍

I am waiting in eager anticipation to read Owl and Wispa recollections of their tracking 😁

I just happened to check Sainsbury's site yesterday at the right time and got a delivery spot for Monday. I had a Tesco booked for Tuesday but as I have a delivery saver all paid for in advance with Sainsbury's I am going with them.

My friends are going to take the Tesco slot so I shall order their stuff for them. The husband is in a vulnerable group and she is terrified of bringing Covid-19 home to him when she has to go shopping. I couldn't change the address as I'd started the order already for myself but she'll bring her car round to pick their groceries up from our garden which is a lot better than going to the supermarket herself.

Yantan, has your   friend registered  on the Government list for vulnerable people.

Supermarkets will access that list to give priority to them. I think Sainsburys are phoning them and giving them a delivery slot.

I think Tesco still have to arrangements in place.

Our next delivery slot is 15 April-  the first available last week  so top up locally as required. My DIL is a shopaholic and missing it so that is her  exercise!

We are registered on the government vulnerable list, mum just spent an hour in the phone to Sainsbury's who said oh yes... you are on the list, you just haven't been added!! She has now been added but it doesn't mean we have priority over anyone

My pals are technophobes so can't do home shopping themselves.

Just had one bit of good news. We got the money refunded for our flights to Southampton from when Flybe collapsed. Just need the rest of the holiday costs sorted on the insurance now which is considerably more than those flights!

• Like 1

Glad you got your refund, Yantan.  My daughter is struggling to get a refund from Aegean Airlines, they will only give a credit for another flight and she doesn't want that.

My godmother didn't talk a lot about what she did in the war, only thing she did say was she was in the same training group as Odette Churchill who they made a film about, and she was a total bitch apparently! My godmother was dropped in the wrong place and ended up in a ditch living off turnips for a week until the German troop she'd landed close to moved on...oh and she was captured by the Americans, who thought she was a French collaborator.  She had dark hair and eyes and was fluent in French.  Because they were forbidden to reveal they were British agents, even to their Allies, she couldn't tell them who she was and all she'd say about the Yanks was she thinks on balance she would probably have been treated better by the Germans, so I concluded they weren't very pleasant.  I saw a photo  of her and two of her colleagues when she eventually came home and she was skin and bone.

What a story, Suzeanna.

Nothing from me tonight as very tired, but otherwise ok. Have been busy in house and garden.

No clapping here as most houses close by have someone in a vital job working odd shifts, so we all gave it a miss.