UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

I buy all my paper goods in bulk from https://uk.whogivesacrap.org/ who make them from either recycled paper or sustainable bamboo and give half their profits to building toilets in places where people don't have any. I should be ok with loo rolls, kitchen towels and tissues until September. 

I went to Worksop and had haircut yesterday so am looking unusually neat and tidy. That is my only panic measure, just in case I need to isolate myself at any point. I have a better immune system than many, but would be in trouble if I got pneumonia as all the regular antibiotics make me very ill. 

• Like 1

Steve said that Tesco had loo roll but no hand sanitizer and the lady in Wilko hit the nail on the head.... people being greedy and taking more than they need to sell for profit! I have bought 2 bottles of surgical spirit...if it gets dispatched and I will make my own hand sanitizer for myself, my parents and Steve

Yantan, I hope you get your money back, it's wrong when the bloody directors etc get their big fat paycheck regardless.

Mum has been trying for 2 years to claim back the money for her health insurance, she took the travel health insurance out and the following day, the company went bust!! Now, it's covered by the fcsa or something but they are useless prats, lose your documents and ask for the same stuff over and over again...she said she probably won't get the money back but it's the principal now, they shouldn't cover these companies and then make things difficult so you drop it

We're not stockpiling anything either, it's all getting ridiculous. Having said that we're quite low on loo roll so if the shops here are sold out I'll be messaging Jazz or Owl for an emergency parcel lol. Never had hand sanitiser so soap and water will have to do for me.

Hope you get your money back Yantan and you still get to go on your trip. Fingers crossed all is good with Ruby's results too.

Had a huge walk with Cooper today. We were out for hours but he didn't stop pulling the whole walk. That boy doesn't have an off switch, he's manic and hyper vigilant all the time we're out and although he's better than when we first got him five and a half years ago it's still really stressful to walk him. I love the boy to bits but all the training in the world hasn't changed him.

We'll be in Tesco tomorrow, don't need loo roll but if they have it I'll get some more as my daughter and son in law are away for another week, cruising in the Med (assuming they find anywhere to dock!) and they'll be horrified if they get back and can't get loo roll.  She suffers from IBS badly and it's a calamity if they run out.

I felt really ill around dinner time last night..headache, freezing cold and took one look at the sausage casserole I'd made for dinner and nearly threw up.  Oh for heaven's sake, now what's wrong? A wrap up in a warm poncho and two paracetamol later I felt a bit better and this morning..I'm fine.  We've just been out for a curry and I ate it no trouble at all. Very odd.  Mango cream chicken..it was gorgeous. They keep warning vulnerable people to stay off public transport, that's not very helpful when I've got one hospital appointment this week and one doctor and another hospital next week, all of which mean  buses.  

Has your mum got dressings for her leg, Griff? My arm has got a lot bigger but it seems to have stopped expanding since I started taking the dreaded Anastrazole. Maybe a sign it's actually doing something.

Is Cooper a staff, Eve? I guess you can't put a halti on him, no nose to speak of!  When we first had our lurcher Dylan, he was awfully fear aggressive to other dogs and we walked him on a halti harness, double ended lead attached under his chin and then to his back.  He still managed to go straight up in the air though.

Was a bit the same last night Suzeanna, went down the pub for dinner and felt really ill on the way home (only 2 small drinks, honest lol and nothing weird or unusual to eat.). Went to bed when I got in and was fine this morning.

Cooper is a staffie cross. We tried a halti on him when we first got him but all he did was rip his face to shreds trying to rub it off.

Suzeanna, I think there may be a bug going around as my cousin had sickness and an upset tummy, couldn't drink and kept peeing but only a little was passing, anyway..she was absolutely fine the next morning...it was very very odd

Yes, they have put colloidal silver dressings on, some massive pads and then like stocking things to hold the lot in place, she drives me mad, I told her last week her legs were weeping again and she did nothing about it...told her to put her legs up on the wedge cushion I got her but she didn't then today, dashed off to the drs, I have said dad and I will go shopping tomorrow but she was adamant she was going...she won't listen.

I went for a meal yesterday with Steve, was funny as he is a germ phobe, he ate his meal and then said "anyone in here could have Corona virus" lol... He is worried about going back to work having to touch the buses after other drivers ( most of whom are filthy devils) have touched the steering wheel computer etc, I have bought him wipes

Eve, how odd....as long as you are better now

Jazz, I was going to say you shouldn't allowed out, but it sounds as if you are as bad indoors! I read an article recently saying pain killers should accurately be described as pain reducers, as none of them will completely remove pain and people risk overdosing by thinking if they just take one or two more it will all be better. Have you considered covering yourself in bubblewrap?

Griff, I do hope your mum's doctor has impressed on her the importance of looking after her legs, it's easy for cellulitis to get into the deeper tissue and it can even lead to sepsis.  

I nipped through the reserve at dusk yesterday, always do that if I am around that area. Stopped to take photos of sunset and saw some guys flying a drone over one of the bird lakes which is fenced off and not supposed to be accessible to public. They had climbed over fence. I wimped out and didn't confront them but got photo of their vehicle. All birds in bed by then but they really shouldn't have been there.  If they had been doing something awful like trashing a fence or harming wildlife I would have given them hell,  so why I couldn't face talking to them I don't know. Must be losing my edge. In my defence I was totally exhausted. Will give photo to ranger when he comes in on Monday. I don't think he will mind as he is very protective of wardens and prefers us to leave illegal activities to the police to deal with, and just report. Also, they were preparing to leave anyway so I didn't feel it was too urgent. 

Owl, sometimes best to say nothing but at least you got a picture of the car and reg number...maybe the ranger could get the police to send them a letter stating there are reasons the area is fenced off and that includes no access from above

Ventured to the shops and the only thing we couldn't get was a specific type of bread and milk but a trip to Asda sorted the milk situation out ( not that I care as I don't use it lol)

I'll confront anyone, especially if they aren't treating animals well. I also have a go at cyclists using the pavement when it's not a designated cycle path, cyclists ignoring cycle paths and slowing traffic down, ignoring cyclists dismount signs, oh and anything else in general where rules are broken. I cannot stop myself! I fully understand people avoiding confrontation, especially if they feel vulnerable, but it's just not in my DNA to let things go. My whole family are the same. 

Eve if ever you want to add to your fur family Tye's rescue home UK wide. They are sending a dog to The Outer Hebrides next week and even managed a home check!

Speaking of Tye he has turned Mrs-I-don't-want-a-Staffie (Ruby) into someone who declared this morning "our next dog must be a Staffie and actually I think we should go back to having 2 dogs so look out for 2 Staffies when we are ready". Thank you Tye you have left a lovely legacy :)

Griff I saw someone locally selling a USED bottle of antiseptic hand soap for £30 this morning - the sort you can get for a quid usually. I really hope it was a joke because otherwise is that what we've come too? Where is the great British Dunkirk spirit??

• Sad 1