UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

I love Rear Window Griff, one of my favourite films. How's Steve? hope his cough was just that and no other symptoms have developed.

Pleased Ruby feels up to drawing and helping cook dinner. Shows how well she's doing.

I don't iron at all, unless it's for something important. Everything is smoothed out before it goes on the radiators to dry and body heat can take care of the rest lol.

Sausage and mash here for dinner.

Was lovely and sunny here today. Took the dogs down the beach early this morning and had the place mostly to ourselves. Spent the rest of the day working in the garden.

That was good going for Philip having the shopping done for 7. Our shops aren't even open then! First hour at Morrisons is for NHS workers.

Morning all. Freezing here with icy wind. No, forgot clocks until saw online.

Went through store cupboard to check what I have before emailing grocer for tomorrow. Maybe I should be Squirrel rather than Owl. It seems I have been chucking a large foil bag of nuts into my basket and a bag of pasta whenever I go shopping. Don't know why as teeth not up to eating nuts. I suppose I just thought they were good value. I can now grind them up with my electric coffee grinder and make nutburgers. Also have enough olive oil to last a couple of years! And numerous packets of couscous, quinoa etc. 

A week of 'staying in ' done. It is hard work remembering what day it is when they are all the same. 

Each day, when I walk Cleo, there are more and more people walking round the  estate carefully avoiding each other.

Grandson (8) keeps coming up with great ideas of things he cannot do. He stormed out of the living room the other day because 'that man from England ' was on TV  'AGAIN'   He blames Boris for him not being able to  go to the cafe for a snack or have a playdate.

The first two days all his friends  were facetiming each other but the adults got fed up and confiscated the phones!

My son and his partner in Romania  have to fill a form  stating their reason for leaving the house.

A  Romanian  news  report

"Romanians are known to be very creative when it comes to bending the rules or using any loopholes they see in mandatory regulations. Some have also tried to do the same with the movement restrictions.

“We’ve had situations where citizens were holding a fish in the bag and they said they had taken their pet out for a walk. It's a real story. Or we’ve had a situation where someone took the cat for a ride 30 kilometers from home, on the back seat of the car. People are inventive, but, in one form or another, we have to be aware that we can only steal our hat if we break these rules,” Cosmin Andreica, leader of the policemen’s union Europol told Digi24.ro.

The Police also found a young woman with a cat in her bag, who told them she was going to the mall. The girl said she resorted to this option because "the military ordinance does not cover all the people’s needs", and she went to the other side of the city, with the cat in her bag - as an insurance policy, because she wanted to look at some new clothes, according to Libertatea.ro."

Blackmagic I am aghast at that Romanian report! Until everybody takes this seriously and stops bending the rules the longer the damn thing will go on.

I agree it is indeed hard to recall what day we are on. 

Does anybody know anyone who has Covid-19? 

Owl we've gone through our cupboards too & I seem to be in hoarder of tinned soup! I am a soup monster and in winter will have a tin every day for lunch. I got a soup maker for Christmas so started making my own but didn't stop buying tinned soup - just in case I couldn't be bothered to make any. 

Stay safe everyone 

ive always said im a hoarder, but I havent got as much as i thought. With Lewis being away, when I did a delivery, I forgot tinned stuff, so its going down quickly. We havent done a shop together since hes been back. the freezers are full.

I do have loads of dog food, thats always tidy. 

My oncologist is Romanian, when I next speak to him I'll have to ask him about that!

There were photos in the paper of bins full of food that people had thrown away, having bought it, not eaten it and now it's past it's sell by date.  Ruddy ridiculous.

Only thing we seem to have a lot of are Candy's dog food and Philip's instant noodles.  He had some today, spicy it said.  Yep, by the colour of his face afterwards, they certainly were!

• Haha 1

I have been to Asda... it's just a small one, we had to queue for about 5 minutes but just rushed around and got what we needed...for the most part! Made do with other stuff if they hadn't got what we need

I am absolutely sick of people doing as they please, next door are here... AGAIN, they don't live here, drive from one side of the city to the other to get here and again are doing DIY!! On a sunday when no DIY is allowed here. I think there should be a number/ website for you to grass on people who are carrying on as usual and the money from the fines should go to the NHS or be spent on vouchers for all the staff who have helped keep us safe during this isolation period

I feel so sorry for all the animal charities whose income is drying up. We can't offer the same amount of support as we did for sure, especially not knowing for sure what money we will have coming in as this pandemic rages on. 

Those instant noodles must have been tasty if Philip managed to get them all splashed around his face -  a real nom, nom moment Suzeanna :laugh:

I had to laugh about one item on our Sainsbury home delivery the other day. I ordered a pack of 4 toilet rolls, more in hope than anticipation of actually getting any. They didn't have any so substituted the 4 pack for a 9 pack!

Been  for my walk with Cleo . it was a chilly morning but the sun has come out and it is pleasant now .

People out walking- mostly couples  and people walking dogs. Everybody is respecting social distancing.  People just out for walks look so uncomfortable doing it. It really looks like 'I have to do this.' They do not look as if they are enjoying walking.

One of the members of thee rescue forum I am on is recovering from the virus. She said she did have  24 hours of feeling really bad. 

But still some people do not get it.

People are still flocking out in their cars. Last weekend police sent folks home from Lossiemouth. beach,  who had driven there from various other towns.

Todays news 

Police are stopping people from parking at an East Dunbartonshire reservoir popular with dog walkers and runners, citing new social distancing powers to target coronavirus.

Officers turned away drivers from Drumclog Moor Car Park, near Milngavie.

Police said they encouraged exercise but not driving to beauty spots to do so.

They said the majority of people had been co-operative.

It comes after reports that the car park was filled with about 20 cars on Saturday with vehicles also parked along the road.

The new powers which are in force mean anyone caught flouting the law could face a fine of £60 or even prosecution.

Police have been left "in absolute shock" after finding 25 adults and children having a "massive party".

Everyone was dispersed and the hosts "dealt with" after social-distancing rules were breached in Derby.

Result with the loo rolls! No, he didn't get them all over his face, he heated up due to the spiciness! He said English make noodles which say hot aren't really but these weren't an English brand and they certainly were.

I'm sure I saw a number online that you can call to report people breaking the no travel rule, it popped up on my FB.  It wasn't just for my area of the country I don't think but of course it's disappeared without trace now.

I think the trouble with knowing if you you know someone who has had it is a tricky pick as it affects people so differently...I had a sore throat and headache for 3 days last weekend...have I had it?? No idea as I was expecting the whole lot of symptoms...I hope the tests come out soon as hopefully people can then find out who has had it

I honestly think people are selfish and stupid and until it actually kills one of theirs....they won't care as it doesn't affect them!