UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Fingers crossed for Ruby's results on Monday.

Did she go for a C3 in the end? I've had a C3 Picasso for quite a few years and have just started looking at replacing it. I really like the burnt orange colour too.

Hello Phebe xx Hope you are well. I've enjoyed reading your adventures on the reserve, I wish we had something similar locally so I could line up a volunteering job for OH when he retires.

I think the C3 Aircross is the equivalent of my old C3 Picasso which I chose as it had no lip to the boot, so easy for wobbly Rosie to get in and out of.  I suspect I might end up with an Aircross next or a Honda Jazz.

I'd really like a Mini but they are not practical for getting elderly parents and dog in/out!

• Like 1

The Mini Clubman might do Karen as its a lot bigger than the bog standard Mini. The Aircross is much bigger than the Picasso and is huge in comparison to a Honda Jazz. It is perfect for us old folks - very easy to get in and out of and plenty of room for dogs.

Owl remember Teddy the little dog on the run near Appleby? They finally caught him on Monday night! He's injured his leg but is otherwise seems OK - or at leady that was the info I was given yesterday morning before he'd seen the vet. I'm sorry but with all the goings on yesterday I forgot to tell you.

Ruby's off work this week so we are going out for a spin in the new car and no doubt finding a nice little eating hole for lunch.

As long as you got to know Owl as you were a help in the early days. I honestly didn't think it was going to be a happy ending so I am delighted.

Griff if only money was no object! 

We are just back from our outing. Horror of horrors when we parked up in a garden centre car park. It was a sandstone hardcore surface and on our return we left muddy red footprints all over the footwells of the new car! 

I had a drive and I love it. I especially liked the parking camera as I have trouble looking over my shoulder to reverse so usually do it on mirrors. I was able to just watch the screen and did it perfectly on all 3 attemps into different spaces. I've told Ruby any time she wants to borrow Poppy Panda she can  - if she leaves me Jaffa. I got a withering look by way of reply.

• Haha 1

Lol....Jaffa!! Brilliant. I wonder if you could use cameras on your driving test?? So many things have changed on a car now that some of the test could need to be adapted in the near future.. perhaps. Mind you with driverless cars would we even need a test anymore?

Absolutely, I would love to win the lottery...I don't want millions or anything like that.... I would like say £60,000 so it leaves plenty left over for wiggle room and I would give the lot to my parents to deal with that pair of bullies for once and for all, not just to stop what they are doing to my parents but to hopefully stop them ever doing it again to anyone else!

Griff I think you need more than that so you can absolutely wipe the floor with them and put a stop to their careers of bullying people. Pair of nasty little %8^$£"*

Tye's ashes have been delivered safely to his dad's family.

Dawg we now have 2 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Carlisle where we were yesterday. One of them is employed at the very hospital we were in but has not been back to work since arriving home from an Italian holiday. 

You are probably right Yantan, I am just exhausted and fed up with it all now...they are the ones in the wrong and we are the ones who are getting made to give in to them. 

Oh dear! Luckily the hospital worker stayed at home.

All hand sanitiser sold out everywhere in Worksop. Just my luck that I have almost run out. I always keep some in the car, not for coronavirus but because I like to have some in the door pocket to use after handling poo bags. On the positive side, maybe we will see a huge drop in tummy bugs now that everyone is obsessively washing their hands. 

• Haha 1

The first thing we always do when getting a new (to us) car, is buy mats to put in as we invariably end up somewhere mucky!

Griff..problems with your solicitor? Isn't he/she meant to be on your side?

I use those Dettol all surface wipes if I can't find anything else, Owl.  Lord knows what they do to your skin though.

We got some bathroom paint yesterday to do our bathroom ceiling, it's needed doing for ages.  Philip did round the edges then I tackled the main bit with an extending roller.  Harder than I imagined on a stippled ceiling, and keeping my neck back to look up wasn't the cleverest thing to do in hindsight, considering that one of my neck vertebrae has now got a dodgy bit, courtesy of the cancer.   We tottered off to the Travellers at Apperknowle for lunch afterwards, both creaking slightly! Getting older is no fun!

Speaking of cancer, did they not do an ultrasound and biopsy for Ruby, Yantan? When I had a lump they weren't sure about it was the first thing they did, straight into the next department for an ultrasound.  Whatever she has lurking, it really doesn't sound like cancer...that is usually only too obvious when the experts look at it. My lumps along my collar bone are multiplying, I'll have to ask the oncologist when I see him next week if they can be hoicked out.  Philip did pick up a carving knife and offer, but I'd prefer the professionals.

• Haha 1

Suzeanna, she sent a letter through yesterday and it's shocking! Mum called Monday and left a message stating she was disgusted that the surveyor hadn't been given any of the historic information, plans photos etc....he didn't even know what the issues were! It's just luck that I thought on Saturday I should get copies of the photos just in case.....we got this letter dated the 2nd...day mum left the message saying that the overhanging issue with the roof is a different Matter to the water discharging into the property and parking...errrrr the gutter and pipe is attached to the overhanging roof so is part and parcel of the same issue I would think. The parking...well it's done with, we have done it for 36 years and the residents before us too so it's dealt with under the 20 years rule. 

She then goes on to say that we will only get a maximum of 70% of the court costs back and that's if we win...if we don't we will be liable for £100% of our costs and theirs too! So she said we are looking at £40,000 plus...she told us £20k before... which we got!! She is trying to push my parents to mediation, and said the court will look badly if they don't go and it will cost them £1500....so, we have done nothing wrong but we are being charged to defend our own property and my parents will be forced into giving into the twats next door. So in a nutshell, you bully, threaten, abuse and destroy property but you come out on top!! P*ssed off does not cover my feelings