UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Such a shame Blackmagic. I miss going on the walk where we see lots of deer but it's 7 miles from my house and I feel that's pushing it a bit to drive that far out. It's still classed as Dunoon so not out of area technically but we're staying more local at the moment to be on the safe side. Hope Cleo's cough has cleared up.

I'm more tidying up the garden than the house as the weather has been so lovely. I'm sure I'll get round to spring cleaning the house eventually lol.

We're switching broadband providers today and so the internet will go down at some point, hopefully not for too long, but I thought I'd pop on here and say hello to everyone in case I don't get on later. Hope everyone is well.

• Like 2

Good luck with the switch Eve. I hope it's all trouble free.

Blackmagic I hope Cleo recovers from her cough.  My old vet always said our local park should be avoided whenever possible as it was a breeding ground for germs with the concentration of dogs using it from not just the local population but from all the visitors dogs.

Hope Cleo's cough soon improves Blackmagic.  Are they deer deer, if you know what I mean, or muntjac?

I remarked on Facebook that the farmers are starting to worry about fruit and veg rotting in the fields due to no pickers from Europe, and said I'm sure all those who took part in the Extinction Rebellion demos would be only too pleased to go and do it.  Oh, and the Uni people who will miss out on their gap year! Bet none of them will, though.

Someone was saying that their Morrison's delivery driver was telling them that one bloke was angry that she couldn't take his groceries into the house, and threw them at her! What's wrong with some people? Morrison's are blacklisting anyone who is abusive to their drivers, I hope the other supermarkets do the same.

• Like 1

I never take mine out with kennel cough as diesel picked it up off my friends dog, I took her to the vet straight away and then had to go knock his door and tell him his dog had it and was passing round the local dogs. Dakota suffers really badly when she gets it... Deagan isn't bothered

Eve, fingers crossed you aren't off line for very long and at least you are sensible and stay in your locality...like us! 

Next door were here..... again and I am sure they will be back too

No word from our solicitor..... again! 2 emails sent and no response, bag of crap she is

Aren't some people beyond ruddy awful and rude Suzeanna. I make a point of thanking all our delivery people. We couldn't do this without them 👍❤  The little Mace shop in town is going to deliver us some shopping tomorrow or the next day, whichever they can manage, for which we are very grateful.

I picked fruit on a kibbutz in Israel and loved it though it was hard work. If I was younger, fitter and not in a risk group and found myself with no work I'd have a go now at picking fruit & veg.

Right this is where I do an impression of my grandad! "Kids today don't know they are born. Its all self, self, self". I know we have some truly good, caring young folk but oh the self absorbed, self entitled ones need a kick up the jacksie.

• Haha 1

It is not just the young.Several reports of senior citizens being abusive and ignoring social distance.My DIL had to ask one in Asda to move back a bit as she was right behind her. SHe got a disgusted look. 

One person  asked a man to move back a bit he replied it was okay. He was old enough to die.She told him she was to young to die and he was taken aback.

SOme seem to be treating as a joke.

Yes indeed blackmagic. I stand corrected. I think a lot of people of all ages really don't get it. This is a serious situation and we all gave a part to play in it mainly by staying put. However there are are way to many selfish people who think the rules don't apply to them or do but don't care. 

I am afraid some senior people are being very thoughtless, and it gives the rest of us a bad reputation so people think we are a menace and should stay indoors. 

I had a successful trip to Tickhill. The shop was cleared out of tins but I got fresh fruit and veg, butter, milk, yogurt and a nice selection of cheeses. Plus my favourite local honey, oatcakes, rice cakes. 

Semi skimmed milk seems to freeze ok. I use very little and always put some into other containers and freeze.

Milk alternatives are hard to come by. I like oat or hemp milk to put on porridge, but cow in tea. One of my impulse buys some time ago was a large pack of hemp protein. I thought late that I would never use it and it was a silly thing to have bought just because on offer. Now I am glad as I can make it up into hemp milk. 

Yorkshire police are being very tough. Yesterday there was a road block going into Tickhill. 

Went past the Tickhill greengrocers. They have blocked the doorway and put a table there as a counter, so people queue and ask for what they want. 

Had a long chat with next door neighbour. He is working very hard at plastics factory,  where sheeting is made for barriers and face masks. They did all the plastic walls for the Nightingale emergency hospital.

• Like 1