UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Wasn't the song Ghost Town written about Coventry, Griff? 

I see some bloke from Sheffield drove to Snowdonia and got stopped by the locals and told in no uncertain terms to go home.  My daughter was saying her neighbour isn't happy..he and his wife are separated, both have new partners, she's up in Durham or she was.  Yesterday she turned up at his place, unannounced and unwanted to say she was staying for a couple of days! His girlfriend is furious, says she could have brought god knows what with her and what does she think she's playing at? 

• Confused 1

Yep, Suzeanna, Ghost Town was written about Coventry. Love that song and the Specials. What a weird story of your daughter's neighbours. I know what I'd have done to her and it wouldn't be invite her in to stay!

Hope everyone is having a peaceful evening xx

Yes Suzeanna, ghost town was written about Coventry, and sadly it's very much true at the moment, the city centre is like a student campus. Funnily enough Terry Hall was our friends brother in law...bit of an odd man

I would be absolutely raging if she turned up at my house.. sadly though if her name is still on the lease or mortgage then she can still have access to the property...however it's bonkers travelling back...I wonder if it's because she knows that being stuck inside a house with her new partner for 3+ weeks would be the end of the relationship?

There are reports of campervans and caravans heading north on the A9 this weekend. The police were stopping them at Dunkeld and turning them back but some seem to have managed to get through. 

So many people who consider the rules apply to everybody else but not to  them

That is insane! Likewise the Sheffield man who went to Snowdonia. 

Yes thank you Karen, I did catch up on sleep and now feel better. Slept from 9 until 1 a.m. then Wispa and I pottered around for a bit before going back to sleep until 7.

Cumbria police have been stopping campervans, motorhomes and caravans and sending them back from whence they came as well as day visitors in cars.

We are high on the list of the number of Covid-19 cases in any area of the UK no doubt in part to all the clowns that arrived here the weekend before last. 

Locals are reporting any 2nd home occupancy and any sort of parked up mobile home and the authorities are acting on the reports.

I'm sick of those people who think the rules don't apply to them and continue to put themselves and more importantly other people at risk as well as adding to the pressure on our wonderful NHS workers.

Right from the off I have been cleaning the letterbox, front door handle and the front gate after every delivery with antibacterial spray and wipes. I've got a note on the front door to let the delivery people know I'm doing this and thanking them for bringing our deliveries.

• Like 1

I wouldn't think so blackmagic... people just clarified the rules

I have just popped into town to get the stuff I needed, everyone was very respectful, there was only a few market stalls open but the staff were lovely and wished us all well and to stay safe. It was safer for me to go there than be cramped up in the supermarket.. hopefully won't need to go back out again for a bit

Everybody seems to be spring cleaning out of boredom. Had a nice walk with Cleo. Saw 2 people walking side by side but when they saw ,e they jumped apart! Cleo had had kennel cough. Living in a rural area she is not confronted with lots of germs as there are in Edinburgh with everybody walking their dog round the estate so would have no immunity.

There is piece of waste ground  at the back of the house between  the houses and the retail park. There were three small deer on it this morning.  All the estate ground round about is getting built over so they are losing  their ground.