UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Heard back from grocer, can he postpone until tomorrow afternoon as more fresh produce in by then. Fine by me. I might have caught up on sleep by then. 

Birds in garden all gathering nesting material. I will put out some dog hair, always available.

• Like 1

Owl that was not a nice night to put in. I am glad it's all been sorted without you having to find an electrician. I think we may all expect the odd power cut now and again as this situation goes on.

Jazz you really ought not to be having people in the house including your son given all the things you list as being wrong with you. Your lad can drop things off and chat without coming in.  As for an engineer calling - eek! Nobody is getting through our door. 

he keeps a distance. luckily this living room is big enough so he can stay far enough away. His firm has asked all of them to use up their holidays from this week

I only have one channel. I dont touch the sky box. I do sometimes try and ring someone on the remote, doesnt work for that lol

As far as I am aware, if you live in the same address you are fine...you can go out for walks together etc. If you don't live together, nobody should be coming into your house unless it's for medical attention, people should be dropping shopping at the door and knocking and stepping 2 metres away or just ringing to say the stuff is there. I actually have the letter from the government as my mum is at very high risk, she is not allowed contact with ANYONE, that includes myself and my dad... until June, she is allowed to stand at the window and talk at a distance, sit in her garden and if we go out we are to be 2 metres apart!! She has to sleep separately from my dad, we have to sit 2 metres apart in the house and we have to clean everything constantly, she has to have first use of the bathroom and it has as I say to be cleaned continually, she has to have her own cutlery, plat, cup towels etc. So as you can see I am quite well up on the rules lol. I have to risk going to the shop as she is completely unable to leave the house except for medical appointments for a minimum of 3 months, we have tried to register for online shopping but can't as she doesn't have her nectar card number and email address from the last order at Sainsbury's. 

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

he keeps a distance. luckily this living room is big enough so he can stay far enough away. His firm has asked all of them to use up their holidays from this week

I only have one channel. I dont touch the sky box. I do sometimes try and ring someone on the remote, doesnt work for that lol

But anything he touches will be contaminated if he is incubating the virus. He has been in shops and could have got the virus on his hands and then spreads it in your house. This is a difficult time for everybody but you should not make up your own rules. WHo will look after your dogs if he and you get ill? THe rules are not just to keep you safe they are to protect the Nhs workers who are putting their lives on the line for us. The sooner everybody abides by the rules the sooner it will be over. Remember it is essential trips only for food and as few as possible so the virus is not spread. IT survives on surfaces for days so can easily be picked up from touching something that is infected and then touching something else will spread it further. THat is why social visits are not allowed. Phone calls, Skype calls but no visits.

• Like 2

I had a lovely video call from Evie and Tristan this morning as they moved to their new house last week just before moves were halted. The house their parents have bought had been empty for a few weeks prior and they moved their own furniture such as they have. Anyway the kids showed me round and we played games of eat the vegan burger and catch the bastketballs. It was lovely to connect from such a distance and have a lovely chat and get together for well over an hour. 

• Like 1

I think we are all very blessed on the whole, imagine the war where people didn't have a phone, a lot of people struggled to read and write too, we can hear each others voices whenever we want, we can see each other from virtually every part of the world and even space!! I miss hugs but I will suffer it as if we all do as asked we will hopefully all get through it and a lot quicker!

• Like 1

BBC NEWS

A driver flouted the coronavirus lockdown to pick up £15 windows with his wife in the boot of his car.

The man, who had bought the windows on eBay, was stopped by police on the M6 in Cheshire on Sunday after collecting his purchase in Salford.

Police said his wife had to sit in the boot as she "could not fit in the vehicle" for the return journey to Coventry.

North West Motorway Police issued the man with a traffic offence report.

After the force tweeted news of the 220-mile round trip people reacted with a mixture of shock and disbelief.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Glad your electric's back on now Owl. Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. Lovely of the grocer to think of delaying his delivery so you get more fresh produce. I haven't been to the shops for a few days so we're very low on fresh veg. I'll need to brave the queue for Morrisons tomorrow. Luckily it's meant to be dry and sunny in the morning.

That sounds like a great 'visit' with Evie and Tristan Yantan. Skype and video calls can be wonderful and Richard does them with his grandchildren. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near one - I'm with Steve on that one Griff 😂

Please Jazz, listen to Griff and Blackmagic. I know it's tough but your life is at stake and you're very precious to us xx