UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Things are bizarre. Some people are reporting their neighbours for going out of the house more than once on one particular day, yet others are driving way out of their area for no good reason.  In East Yorkshire a couple of guys put on hi vis and pretended to be police. They stopped a driver and tried to fine her £60 on the spot. They fled when she challenged them. 

One friend in Birmingham area has lost a relative to Covid. Another in Wales has a friend who was taken to hospital very ill and has no idea whether she has survived or not.  My friend who moved to North Devon knows 3 people who have it, and all doing ok so far.

Wispa seems very sad today. I have played with her in garden but too cold to stay out long. She is definitely into comfort eating but I have to limit snacks or she will end up the size of a bullmastiff.

PS I don't think it unreasonable to report a neighbour who is just carrying on as usual, but a few people seem to be using it as an excuse to target anyone they don't like. 

Some older people are being very stupid and uncooperative, and that results in others thinking they have the right to be abusive to any older person walking down the road, even when social distancing. 

not going out doesnt bother me, as I dont go out much. Not seeing anyone I couldnt cope with, so lewis is coming in when he can, brings groceries. He sits the other side of the room, and takes mouse out

all my food and the dogs food are in date order. my cupboards have never been this empty. mine. theirs are still full. its like you take 2 black sacks of clothes out of your wardrobe and there still isnt space. thats their cupboards

oo ooooo you know the toilet roll you need a mortgage to buy? who gives a crp? my son has given me 2 gift wrapped rolls. who the fk gift wraps loo roll? when its that dear it needs to be! anyway, ill be trying that soon, ill let you know

Lol Jazz, my dog cupboards are the same - full to the brim - ours not so much! Though to be fair we do have enough food to keep us going for a couple of weeks even if we couldn't get to the shops between cupboard fridge and freezer. Fresh milk might be an issue after a few days but as I don't have it I don't care - Richard would just have to have black tea lol. I've never stockpiled, don't have the room for it, but I seem to have a disproportionate amount of tuna to everything else, 4 tins and 8 sachets!

Marion, my brother had/has the virus. Well as much as you can be sure without being tested.

The isolation seems to being observed in Dunoon from what I've seen apart from a few brats that people are moaning about on our local facebook page  - kids going around in groups of more than two. Not seen them myself but they're not likely to be roaming around when we take the dogs out in the morning.

Been lovely here today, sunny and quite warm if you weren't in the chilly breeze. Don't think I'd survive if I didn't have a garden to potter around in.

I would imagine it's a joke Jazz, I know a lot of places were doing loo rolls as a gift for mother's Day lol

Owl, I have no issues with people going out more than once to walk their dogs etc but driving from one side of the city to the other to just basically continue working on a house... unnecessary, it's people like that who are basically going to keep the rest of us inside for months and months

• Like 1

The loo paper called "Who gives a cr*p" is made from bamboo. The rolls are very fat, and it is a bit more expensive but half their profits go to building village loos where people don't have any sanitation. There are 2 rolls in each pack with gold wrapping. You are meant to leave them until last so you know when to order more.

I am trying to settle my nerves after a rough night. Was reading in bed then got up at 11.30 to take Wispa for last garden visit. Switched on light for stairs, it flickered then all electric went off. Thought a faulty bulb has tripped switch, couldn't find switch on new-ish meter to turn it on again. Take Wispa in garden then go back to bed and worry. Try to sleep. Lights suddenly come on for a few seconds then gone again. So not trip switch, but fault. Neighbours' lights all off anyway at this time so can't tell if supply cut. Go back to bed and panic. Need to find electrician quickly tomorrow, need to postpone shopping collection as no fridge or freezer. Remember fish tanks, whizz downstairs and put blankets over them. Eat some cold cereal. Worry that I haven't charged mobile. Back to bed and read Kindle. Loud intermittent beeping disturbs the peace. Landline is telling me the battery has lost charge. Cannot find a way to stop the racket so wrap in a woolly hat and stuff it in a drawer to muffle sound. Suddenly realise that the Kindle light is not the only one, my salt lamp is glowing. Power is back on. Get mobile on charger. Make some tea. 

Griff, I agree about your neighbour but sounds typical. 

The shop is not packing orders until midday so I may well spend morning in bed recovering. Wide awake now! 

Other job for tomorrow, get a recommendation for local electrician as mine has retired. Just in case.