UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

I check into the Refuge and what is the first thing I see? Griff's comment above. 

Yes, all ok here. Latest update from government on exercise has clarified things a bit. What they want to stop is people going out of home area to exercise. As things stand I don't think I will be in trouble for driving a mile or two to find somewhere to walk Wispa. At home all day today doing stuff in garden. Little autistic lad next door decided to train Wispa to sit and stay. She was so astounded that she actually did it twice for him before stomping off.  Will take her for a walk tomorrow, then a home day as she seems to do ok with walking every other day. On Monday I go into Tickhill to collect a grocery order. I called the shop today and they are very happy for me to email my list, then they will box it up for me and give me a call. I pay over phone then drive round the back of the shop into their loading yard and they can put it on my bonnet for me to put into car. I can take Wispa for a short walk on the way there. All she needs really is a brief change of scene and somewhere different to sniff.

• Like 1

morning all. darling dogs got me up at 6.15 ermmm no. so they all went in the garden then we went back to bed till 8 

im not doing anything naked with my son lol

kevin likes to look through the gap in the fence and watch people, so hes out there for hours waiting for someone lol

be safe out there xx

Eve - steady on! Coronovirus crisis or not I do NOT do ironing! I hang stuff over the top banister rail and let the creases fall out! Or not as the case may be.

Ruby irons, she was once a professional ironer in a former life, but obviously with the recent surgery no ironing for her.

I won a little Portmerion Peppa Pig child's mug and dish in a dog rescue raffle. It arrived yesterday and, as much as I love Peppa, I'm sending it on to our old dog walker for her little daughter who is also a Peppa fan. Her mum says she will be thrilled. Hermes is picking it up today as we can't get out to the P.O.

• Like 1

last time I got the dog treat order, it was all put away ......

been getting them from one place, thought wow, ive gone through them quick, so did a big order ..... just found the rest of it. so think ive put it all together now, till I find another place I put them lol. the dogs have just helped me with some of it. they wont need feeding for a while lol

• Like 1

I did much of the ironing for the family from the age of about 12 onwards.  Then after leaving home, I ironed but rarely. In early 90s when I started working in care homes I did so much that i have mostly avoided it ever since. 

Planning to bake some dog biscuits. It can't be that hard. If I do overcook them Wispa will still be happy and just munch them up.

Dog biscuits are really easy to make. I used to make them for George so I knew what was in them as, due to his epilepsy, I had to be careful about additives. My niece and nephew were kids back then and used to love coming round to help make them. I used to use brown flour, veg oil and cheese and cut the dough with bone shaped cutters.

I did try doggie peanut butter cookies too but my boys decided they didn't like peanut butter.  I rolled the dough into little balls for them & pressed them out with the back of a spoon.

Have fun Owl. Wispa will be most appreciative 👍

• Like 1

Try to avoid ironing if I can, if not...I will just do about 3 hours worth......I have tonnes of clothes( too many really) 

Just used the last of my peppers and carrots and made a veg curry for dinner, my dad's going to have some too! No sauce used, just chopped tomatoes and spices. 

Mums on day 5 of having to stay completely at home, what was that film where the guy got a broken leg and had to stay home and began watching his neighbours...rear window?? Well, it's like that here lol, she is proper stressing me out! 

One thing I am enjoying about Philip working from home...no shirts to iron! He has loads of them, wears one every day to work although he doesn't have to,  sweatshirts are acceptable.  I loathe ironing shirts..come to think of it, I don't like ironing at all.  I used to have a friend who ironed underwear and socks. Very odd.

He went early to Tesco and was really glad he had, as the queues when he came out at 7 were already very long.  Got the majority of what he went in for,  Candy was happy as he got watermelon and she loves it, she waits every Saturday for the bags to be unpacked and gets really excited when she sees it appear.

We've got chicken for dinner tomorrow and I hope there'll be enough for chicken curry on Monday. 

How's Ruby doing, Yantan? Making good progress and still painfree I hope?

Your mum coping ok with being segregated, Griff? I'm relieved I didn't get a letter, although Philip said would I have taken notice if I had? Well,  maybe.  Possibly.  Certainly wouldn't have gone out, but then I'm not going out anyway!

Don't forget clocks go forward tonight..sorry if it's already been said.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Suzeanna Ruby's still doing very well apart from being tired. She's been doing more drawing stuff online with other people and enjoying being able to chat.

She helped me make dinner tonight too.

Philip did well getting to Tesco's so early.

Did you know you can register yourself online as vulnerable at gov.co.uk? That way, if your medical history checks out which yours will, you will become eligible for help with shopping & prescription pick up's and be given priority when booking online shopping deliveries. 

Tye loved watermelon too like Candy.