UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Marion...you be super careful Mrs... have you had the Letter or text telling you to stay home until June?? Mum has to be 2 metres away from us at all times and God knows what else... cleaning the toilet constantly seems to be a thing

my neighbour got me a loaf, then lewis brought one in, so offered it to a lady on the estate. she is running out of dog food so have a bag spare. hope to be friends again and walk the dogs together when this is all over. her family used to walk the dogs, and had them when I went in hospital

be safe out there!

• Like 1

That's nice, Jazz. Glad Ruby is doing ok and Yantan also improving. 

I have lost 4 lb in a week as a result of not comfort eating. I also have much more energy and am on the go from early morning until teatime, gardening and decluttering.  Isolation is suiting me very well.  I don't hate people or anything like that. I seem to have discarded what was dinned into me from an early age, that if I enjoy my own company I am a wicked selfish person. It is a weight off my shoulders. I am in regular contact with close friends, my sister, and colleagues from the reserve.

The only thing which is doing my head in is Facebook, so apart from messaging actual friends on it and doing admin on a couple of Doglost pages and my own Clumber Park page, I am going to step back for my own sanity. 

If i were younger I would be out there volunteering and giving it 100% but as I cannot do anything except keep the 2 of us fit and safe, I really do not want to connect with all those people. Much happier on here connecting with a handful of people.

• Like 2

I've not had a letter or text Griff. Well I did get the general text to stay at home from the government. The doctor said I'd not not go out till I felt better and even then I should steer well clear of people. No shopping or things of that nature. 

My sister hasn't had a letter yet either and she is definitely in a vulnerable category. She's been taking a little 10 minute walk some days when the weather is good and feeling better for it. She's in a second floor flat with no garden so needs a bit of fresh air and exercise now and again. My cousin does her shopping for her so she's not stuck for that.

Drizzly again here today but still got out in the garden and potted up some plug plants. Left them out there to get acclimatised and soak up some of the lovely Scottish rain. Hoping for no frost tonight lol

Dogs didn't want a long walk today. Maybe because I was up at silly o'clock and they thought they should still be in bed lol. Bit worrying seeing that you're not allowed to drive your dogs to their walk. Honey is petrified to set foot out of the garden unless it's to get in the car and drive to the beach. Not sure if it applies in Scotland or not yet but if it does she won't be able to have her walk.

• Sad 1

If you get the letter, you can register with the government and if things turn dire they will deliver you a food parcel, Marion...it might be worth asking your GP, obviously ruby can't go get shopping and you shouldn't be out really so you can get priority booking slots I think

No letter here either, so I'm obviously not really that ill, which is a relief! Mind you, my daughter is on at me all the time not to go to the shops, despite my telling her I'm being super careful.  It's getting on my nerves to be honest, though I know she means well.

Philip walks Candy at 6.30 or so, then again at 12 which he has his lunch break, again at 4 when he finishes his work, and then around 8 in the evening, so she's doing well.  He doesn't have to worry about Mr. Plod telling him he's out too much as unless they are doing a drug bust, in which case it's the big paddy wagons, we never see any! All the dog walkers are keeping two lead lengths away from each other and even the local youths are giving everyone a wide berth, he said.  When he was walking Candy earlier he thought someone had their car radio on rather loudly, then as he got nearer he saw various people standing at their front doors, and a young woman with a guitar and a speaker rigged up, playing and singing.

• Like 1

We had the clapping of appreciation for all the NHS services at 8pm. Accompanied by much dog barking, especially mine. Neighbour is a nurse who has two labs who also joined in with the barking so I'm sure she didn't mind.

Glad that you're not really ill Suzeanna, that'll teach you to believe the oncologists. I'm sure you'll take all the necessary precautions nevertheless. Stay safe lovely lady xx

• Like 1

I have had no text and no Letter lol...I wouldn't let on if I did! 

I went with my dad whilst he got his x-ray...I sat in the car and then we tried Morrisons....eeekkkkk!! Sacked that off and went to the little Asda where I got everything I needed, except for veg as it smells funny and tastes musty from there so will need a rethink.

Just called Steve....he has a cough... it's not chesty so I asked how long he has been coughing like that..he wasn't this morning, he said he didn't even notice until I mentioned it....... The symptoms are so widespread that it's impossible to figure if he has it or not

The Covid-19 cough is a dry cough Griff. Is Steve able to take his temperature? 

Wonderful response from my town for the Clap For Carers last night. We found it rather moving.

Suzeanna nice to know you aren't as ill as they've made you think! You too Griff. I wonder how many others have fallen through the cracks???

Went online to check if any more home delivery slots had opened up and was surprised to see lots on Sainsbury's site for the next 3 days! As I have a saver pass I grabbed one for today. I am getting shopping for us and our friends in a neighbouring street who are self isolating due to the husband having brain aneurysms. His wife will come and collect their shopping from our garden. She feels less vulnerable that way than going to the supermarket. She's terrified of carrying the virus home. I will cancel the Tesco delivery on Monday.