UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Have been trying to clarify the rules. They have changed. Only people who are defined as extremely vulnerable are barred from leaving the house.  They have had an official letter.  The rest of us can exercise once a day and do essential food shopping as long as we are free of symptoms. Very happy with that. 

I thought it was strange that many supermarkets are allowing an hour first thing in morning for senior citizens if anyone over 70 is barred. What seems to have happened is that an earlier statement which was taken up by the press said that no one over 70 can leave house at all.  We are now all under the same ruling: we can go out for exercise once a day and do necessary shopping if we keep to the required 2 metres distancing and walk only with members of our household, plus handwashing, sanitising etc. Unless we are on the extremely vulnerable list, when there is a whole set of rules which apply.

If however you have existing health problems, for goodness sake try to avoid going shopping.

Jazz, I was just reading the link Owl put on, and it says the letter may arrive up to this Sunday, so don't cheer just yet.  Reading the list of very vulnerable people I seem to fall into a category as I have a blood cancer thingy..it'll be interesting to see whether or not I get a letter.

Aldi have asked that no one go to their supermarket in pairs, just one person, one trolley.  If Philip goes on Saturday I'll have to write a list as we don't usually shop there and he won't have a clue where anything is! 

We did take Candy to the park earlier, haven't been for months as it's been too wet.  She was so excited, bless her and loved chasing her ball.  The children's play area has been closed off, so kids apart from a couple walking with their parents in the distance. I can't believe how warm it's been today, and then they said on the weather we could have snow by Sunday.   

Really confusing isn't it. My sister, who probably should've had a letter hasn't had one yet so took herself off for a 10 minute walk round the block today. Didn't interact with anyone but just needed some fresh air and exercise. She's in a 2nd floor flat so no garden to potter about in. At least I have that

Our local supermarket, Booths, are doing a pick up service for the more vulnerable. You ring your shopping list in, they pick it, bag it up and then call you back so you can pay over the phone. Then you simply go and pick it up in a separated area. The kicker is that they are making it a £100 minimum shop which would mean I would have to hoard! There is no way we need a hundred quids worth of groceries. I'm trying to get some friends and a neighbour to join in and make up an order between us when the time becomes necessary. I have 2 more Tesco deliveries booked so am ok for a couple of weeks.

We still have some tourists here in holiday lets despite being told by the town council that they should return home.

I'm on more antibiotics and a course of steroids and am starting to feel better thank goodness.

Ruby is a little bit tender this morning but feeling good otherwise.