UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

I read a rather unsettling article about people who have been tested and are positive without having the symptoms that we are being told are the norm...just feeling very tired, sore eyes, maybe upset stomach!

They are saying that people with certain health conditions will be getting a letter this week saying they MUST stay indoors, completely, for 12 weeks.  One thing they mentioned was blood cancer, which apparently I have .  I've always understood it was a blood abnormality, but my oncologist put me straight on that last week, he said no, it's leukaemia. I can't walk that far anyway as the blasted tablets have made my legs ten times worse than they were, but being told you can't go out anyway? I'm not going to like that.

Hope we get some good weather so you can enjoy your parasol, Owl.  We've got one similar, you have to crank it up with a handle, its huge. 

Edited by suzeanna

Morning Fugees.

OK here except fro a very sore tooth. When dentist removed a broken tooth a few weeks ago, she replaced a filling which had fallen out of a back tooth. I think it has fallen out again but it is painful and gum is inflamed. Going to ring dentist shortly and see what they say. No idea how dentists are going to cope with emergencies at present but hopefully they are making arrangements to keep staff and patients safe. 

One of the dentists in my town has closed except for emergencies. I don't know about the others.

Our medical centre is only doing phone appointments. If a doctor decides you need to be seen you have to go to a side entrance and ring to be admitted. They have a pharmacy and are only dispensing from a window to people standing outside.

Your parasol sounds brilliant Owl. It was nice of the neighbours to pass it on to you 👍

• Like 1

They are doing emergency treatment only. Their website gives a list of urgent and non urgent cases, and I think mine is in between the 2 so need to talk to dentist. The phone went to answerphone and asked me to leave message with details fro them to call me back. 

Yes, it was very nice of neighbours as they are expensive new.

Best wishes to Ruby. Good that they are getting this done asap.

My mouth is a bit less sore, as long as I stay off the Conference pears I love. The remaining ones I will cut up and freeze. Did not hear back from dentist yet. Definitely the new filling has fallen out, but If I can just deal with the soreness by using mouthwash, I will go with that. Would sooner ultimately lose the tooth than take any risks.

• Like 2