UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Blackmagic, so pleased you've rejoined us and that you are staying with your son and his family.  Far too isolated to have stayed where you were!  I can't believe people are so stupid as to keep travelling to "holiday" areas, without considering the lack of amenities and what they would do if they were taken ill.  A case of oh, we always go to Cornwall, or the Lakes, or the Highlands or wherever.  Hope they don't take any illness to places where there wasn't any.

• Like 1

Hi blackmagic 🙂

Just been to the place where I usually walk Jac. Car park was packed!  Luckily it's a big area so easy to keep your distance, although walked round with some of our mates. I suppose people are getting stir crazy and can't go to the pub or shopping. 

Lovely to hear from you Blackmagic. Another who thinks you 're doing the right thing staying in Edinburgh, you can all support each other.

Between Morrisons and the co-op we managed to get the shopping we needed, including soap lol! There was actually no dog or catfood left at all in Morrisons but luckily we've got enough for a couple of weeks.

Has the foster arrived yet Jazz?

Good to hear from you, Blackmagic. I was just reading on BBC website about all the people flooding to Highlands. They are heading to Cornwall also. Caravan sites round Skegness are packed and people are acting like nothing is happening. Seafront at Hove and Brighton are like middle of summer. Some people seem to think it is a holiday.

Aw, glad he's safe with you Jazz.

My brother probably has the virus. Only probably as they are not testing in his area but he had the flu jab as he's diabetic plus other medical issues, so it shouldn't be flu. So far only mild symptoms, hopefully stays that way.

That's what I find confusing.  How do they know how much it is spreading through the population, if they aren't testing? My daughter may well have it..or she just have a bad cough, if I knew for certain which it was she could come and see me.  Hope your brother only has a mild case, if he has it at all Eve.

Apparently they are only testing if you have an underlying condition...I assume that if you do the 111 questionnaire they data capture and the positive answers to the questionnaire will count as a positive....but then there are people who have literally no symptoms at all... it's a weird one for sure.