UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

I doubt they will sell up, most likely renting or just trying to get a value on it...if they do sell, I hope that they correct everything they have done wrong....which I doubt very much, so our legal battle will continue

I have been awake since before 3 am.. didn't go to sleep until nearly 1 am

here we go! Put the mug in the shoe rack, trainers next to the kettle. then filled the measuring jug with the tap on full, except it hit the spout so hit the windows. I turned it off walked away. yep, when I went back everything on the side was swimming, so cleaned that. still forgotten to get tea out

haven't heard when the foster is coming. they normally forget to tell me, and just turn up. have you tried putting 5 excited dogs in separate rooms? mmmm

Edited by Jazz

The world has gone utterly bonkers! Apparently 2 of the supermarkets here before 8am had 200 people queuing up and virtually nothing in, the market in town... opposite, loads of fruit and veg, meat etc no queues, they have put 20p on things though but compared to most places selling stuff that's usually ÂŁ4 for ÂŁ20... won't grumble too much lol

We still have tourists coming here! The bloody holiday accomodation providers are encouraging them too â˜čđŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹÂ 

We are taking note of the businesses who have been responsible and closed down either yesterday or before and we will shop/eat/otherwise give them our custom when we come out the other side of this.  

Ruby's been told although they still aim to do her surgery its starting to look dodgy. You can imagine how she feels about the idiots arriving here and possibly helping spread the virus or becoming ill whilst they are here. We only have 2 big hospitals for the whole county, which is why even in normal times patients frequently get referred to hospitals outside the county.

OK rant over. And breathe.

I do hope Ruby's op goes ahead..when mine had to be cancelled after my heart went berserk and I had to wait another month it was very stressful.

I had a letter yesterday giving me an appointment with my oncologist on 17 April, then just now a text from the hospital saying to avoid unnecessary footfall, they will be conducting outpatient clinics over the phone.  Hmm..oh well, it's nearly four weeks away, things might have settled by then.

i really hope Ruby gets her op on the date she was told.

Suzeanna, my mum was due at dermatology clinic on tuesday, they called monday, told her not to go and did a telephone consult, she was to see her plastic surgeon wednesday , she expected a cancellation phone call.......nope she was to attend that appointment. The only conclusion i could come  up with was that the dermatology clinics are absolutely packed so classed as a gathering

Hello fugees

A lot has happened since I was last here.

I came down to my  son's in Edinburgh last week. It   was supposed to be for a month but now, who knows. 

It was a choice of   stay home  where less chance of the virus but being isolated. Over 70 applies to most of the my neighbours.  One of the few younger ones works  in the local care home and another has an elderly mother with dementia living locally who she supports.

The nearest supermarket is 17 mils away. The corner shop is 7 miles away. How can you stay home?

Down here there is more risk, especially with an 8 year old in the house who was attending school  until Friday , but I have support  and company.

People are going to the highlands  to  escape the virus but they are probably going to bring it in.  .  Glencoe has numerous camper vans, caravans etc   there.

The campsites are closed for the winter so they are parking in laybys etc.

Shops are few and small.

The hospital struggles to cope normally and medical  facilities are thin on the ground, being a rural area.
There are two ambulances to cover the whole of the north area.One in use and one on standby.  It takes 21/2 hours to travel to the major hospital, then 21/2 hours back.  They can only carry one person at a time.

They  do not need the extra burden of tourists. 

The last week has shown how selfish people are.

My DIL ordered online on Monday for the first delivery spot available, next Tuesday. Already her order is cut by half by missing items. 

• Like 1

Blackmagic it is so lovely to see you here again! We've all been worried about you and have been thinking about you too 💋👍

I totally sympathise with you over having stupid, irresponsible tourists visiting. There is growing bad feeling here in my lake district town about them being here. As you say this last week has shown how selfish some can be.

That's a dilemma indeed as to whether you return home or stay where you can access things. Try and follow your gut feeling.

Don't be a stranger. You have friends here who care about you 👍