UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Been to the local shops, Asda was missing tonnes of stuff but I was laughing at all the people walking out with 18packs of loo rolls, I said to one old fella "you want to watch you don't get mugged" he looked puzzled and I nodded to his loo rolls, he was laughing his head off. I managed to get a couple of cans of soup...had made sure I got stuff for everyone else but forgot me!! I will cook from scratch as much as possible so should survive if I need to stay in

A very kind friend brought us a surprise emergency cake delivery earlier. She opened the front door, left them in front of the inner hall door, knocked and then ran out to the other side of the garden gate whilst we gave the thumbs up from the window. 

Her husband has 2 brain aneurysms and was due to go to Newcastle for surgery next week but it was called off today due to Covid-19. Wasn't that so unselfish to think of us in the midst of such disappointment?

• Like 2

Very kind of your friend, Yantan...but I would have thought his operation should have been classed as too important to put off.  An aneurysm can burst at any time, surely if Ruby's op is to go ahead his should too?

Saw online at Asda they had the dog food I wanted for Candy so we went over to the nearest store after dinner...nope.  Tried Sainsbury...nope there either.  Wilkos out of stock, everywhere out of stock.  As for the loo roll situation, loo rolls? What loo rolls? 

Saw a breakdown of what proportion of people will die with corona by age group.  The 20 and 30 year olds are 0.6 , 40's a bit higher,  60's 2percent and my age group...5 per cent.  Oops.  

How kind of your friend, Yantan. 

We have loo rolls here usually in the mornings, and there are always posts on local forum saying where they have been sighted. It's just like the bird watchers forums hehe. Twitchers dashing around to wherever loo rolls, nappies, soaps etc have been seen.

Think it's the same here Owl. Seen a couple of neighbours nipping out early with shopping bags so thinking they've been tipped the wink there's been a delivery lol. We're not short of anything so far so not bothered but feel sorry for anyone who can't get the basics.

Thanks Eve and Yantan 😗

I dont use Whatsap as it's a bit confusing for me but I may need to get it 🤪

Jac is keeping me sane at the moment and he's happy to be getting more walks and seeing other dogs 🐶 He played zoomies with a gorgeous Shiba Inu yesterday, which is one of my fave breeds 🥰

Sorry suzeanna, I missed your earlier posts so please have an ehug from me n Jac.