UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Coming back to suzeanna mentioning the lady who would drag the cannon out of her shed ... yes I have met a number of colourful characters, including one who was alleged to have a stolen army tank in his possession. He used to be in the Free Wales Army and went to prison for plotting to blow up the train the Prince of Wales was on. After he was released he cleared off and joined the Foreign Legion, then travelled a lot and became fluent in many languages. He earned a decent living as a simultaneous interpreter. His views became more moderate over the years and I got on very well with him, although not with the young men who followed him and treated him as an icon, as they would never speak to an English person as a matter of principle. He owned several rural properties in the area, and ironically preferred to let to English people as he said they made better tenants!  Anyway, it was generally thought that he had this tank in one of his barns. I do not know for sure as I didn't like to ask him.  The poor guy in the Territorials who had the tank stolen when they were out training was saddled for the rest of his life with the unfortunate nickname Dai Lost-a-tank.

Edited by owl

1 hour ago, Yantan said:

Ruby's surgery is classed as urgent and the surgeon is determined to go ahead come hell or high water. Or Coronavirus.

She'd only been in the house a matter of minutes before her breast care nurse rang. She's talking to her now.

That's good to hear the surgeon is determined. I'm a big fan of the breast care nurse service, it really helps to have someone who understands both the technicalities and emotions on the end of the phone.

My neighbour has lung cancer and there isn't the same sort of support. She can call Macmillan but it's not the same as having someone who knows you and how your local hospital works.

• Like 1

Excellent new, Yantan and for you Jazz about your son.

It's really annoying, I can't comment on posts on either my phone or my Kindle Fire, there jut isn't a box like this one.  You see other posts and that's it, unless I'm being completely thick! Philip has a very professional set up running to work from home, three screens and of course the main one is the PC!

I've tried to phone my daughter, but no answer.  She's probably asleep or in the shower, but being a worried Mum I have visions of her enroute to hospital!

Evening.  Hope everyone's ok.

Still sending tons of positive thoughts to Ruby.

I'm working from home for the foreseeable.  I thought this would make me happy, but I'm getting anxious about it.  I don't have a lot of social contact anyway and even though I wfh a couple of days a week, the days that I'm in the office keep me sane.  In addition to wfh, I'm also self-isolating.  Even though I'm not in the high risk group, I'm in the group that is likely to be badly affected if I do get it.  I know I'm luckier than a lot of people in this climate, but I just wish it would all be over then we can all get back to normal.  Just thankful though that it's the type of illness that most people recover from - it could have been so much worse.

I have the same problem Suzeanna, can't reply here on my phone. Really pleased you got hold of your daughter and she's feeling better. Make Philip have set breaks and nip on here then lol. We'll look for you between 1 and 2 tomorrow.

Great news re Ruby Yantan 😊

Aw Jazz, lovely you get Lewis home tomorrow. If they offered him a permanant job shows how much he'd rather be home with you 😀

Eve, he has to work the shift he would be on in the office, 7 o clock start and lunch at 11! Plus lord knows what is plugged into who knows where, so until he finishes work at 3.30 I'm relying on the phone.

Got to go to hospital tomorrow for a blood test then again on Friday for clinic, but at least I have the car.

Alex, can you Skype your colleagues so you don't feel so isolated?