UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Rained first thing and dogs wouldn't go out but dried up later on so we got our walks in. Took Cooper down the petshop to buy a new harness as he's pulling so much he's totally done my shoulder in with his pulling lately. He actually behaved himself quite well there, well, quite well behaved for him lol and the petshop is still standing. Then went shopping and our Morrisons is still well stocked. No panic buying here, but not one case of the virus in Argyll so maybe that's why.

Did you get to annoy Steve Griff?

How did mousetrap duty go Owl?

Hope everyone is ok today xx

I did thanks Eve, took his coronavirus supplies lol was greeted with "I would be o.k you know" says the man who had no hand sanitizer, painkillers cough medicine etc. We had dinner together and watched MasterChef and then when I came home I ran into one of the old fellas I know, he had no hand sanitizer so I gave him my bottle....he was going to pay £7 on Amazon

Pleased you got cooper a new harness, hope it helps... can you give him a day's rest to let your shoulder recover??

Is hand sanitizer better than soap and water? Everything I've read says not but then I'm not in a vulnerable category so that might make a difference.

Have to wait till Tuesday when they go out with the dogwalkers before I can give my shoulder a rest. Still need to walk them meanwhile. Hopefully the harness will be an instant cure for Cooper's pulling. Anyone want to take odds on that lol. I love that boy to bits but he's definitely hard work.

It's for convenience for whilst you are out and about so if you pick up a shopping basket, push a trolley etc. Apparently the alcohol disturbs the cell membrane in coronavirus but doesn't have that effect on norovirus.

I wash my hands as soon as I get home and I did as soon as I got to Steve's House today and before I touched Molly may 

Thorough washing with soap and hot water is best, apparently, but hand sanitizer very useful as a protective barrier when out and about. 

I don't know that a harness stops pulling but it spreads the pulling area and makes it less of a tug of war. There is no way I could handle Wispa without one. It's good to have 2 leads, again to spread the pulling area. I have one to harness and one to neck, but 2 to harness is fine if you have 2 places to connect them.

Mice have learned not only to take peanut butter bait and get out of traps, but had the cheek to drag some bits of stolen onion in there.  When mice start using the trap as a handy storage area, you have the wrong trap. These are the multi-mouse traps that we caught so many in last year. This lot are obviously much smarter. 

• Haha 3

A good day here in some ways. 3 separate spaniels on the run in surrounding area for the past few days. One caught running around, one very old deaf and nearly blind one made her way home to the amazement of all, and the third has been sighted a couple of times after a week of not being seen.

No idea why the print has changed. Must have clicked something in error.

• Like 2

Just had message from friend in Wales. She is sore and bruised after being knocked to the ground in Aldi by some fool who was trying to buy all the loo rolls. He snatched a pack from her hands even though there were plenty on the shelves. 

They should have got the police on him and have him charged with assault Owl. I do hope your friend recovers with no lasting effects. 

Hope the harness helps with Cooper's pulling. I prefer harnesses over attaching leads to collars anyway whether or not the dog pulls.

They did indeed arrest him, security guard had him on the floor and cuffed him. Unfortunately my friend was feeling so low through health issues and having recently lost her mum, that she didn't feel up to pressing charges and going through statements to police and possible court appearance. Aldi staff wanted her to press charges. I hope they banned him from the store.

I know in our Tesco they banned three people for being abusive to the staff.  The world's gone mad! Now they are saying that 0ver 70s may have to be ordered to stay indoors for four months! Great..I have to go to the hospital for ongoing tests and treatment! I think it's a plot to kill off the older generation!