UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Did you see Venus too? Really bright in the early evening sky at the moment.

Our local RSPB group have sent out a link to a camera in a local barn owl nest box. We looked several times during the day to see them sitting in exactly the same place, sound asleep and of course missed the point where they woke up and went out hunting! How special to see 4 in one evening Owl.

Link in case anyone has a few minutes to waste during the day time Tices Meadow barn owl camera

• Like 2

Had a lovely time at Rivington on Saturday, despite the weather. Jac had a little swim, which us brave for him 🥰

Had the results of his DNA test back. I have always wondered where his curly tail and thick coat comes from and it turns out he's 35% Samoyed, so that makes sense. He's 25% Border Collie, 18.5% Collie and the rest is Supermutt. 

Hope you feel better soon jazz. 

Edited by merledogs

That sounds like a way to spend a Saturday Alex. I'm glad Jac had a grand time. Very interesting on the DNA results. We had Archie's tested and that came back with all sorts. He was a one off! 

Oh heck Suzeanna. As you know we had a rat problem round here. I stopped feeding the birds and a neighbour put traps out and also got a couple of the blighters with his air rifle. Nobody has seen any more for about a year or so. We also decimated our garden taking out all the bushes where they could have hidden.

Edited by Yantan

I've been looking at traps online, but it's confusing.  Some reviews say oh yes this wonderful, another review says useless! I don't want something that just injures the animal without killing it.  Philip will quite happily clobber it with a spade but I couldn't.   I've taken down the bird feeding station, but hung some feeders from the thinner branches of the cherry tree and once the green bins are emptied on Thursday I'll get the hedge trimmer out and have a go under the shrubs where they seem to vanish to.

Not the news she wanted..but going by looking at her in that programme about the pencil making place, she looks very level headed and not the sort to fall apart.  Just remember, knowledge is power so look up everything about treatments etc and tell her not be railroaded into anything she isn't happy about..especially not by a male surgeon! Feel free to message me if you want.

• Like 2