UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

I bought some tickets in Tye's name in his rescues monthly bonus ball draw and he won! £60 which was donated back to them as they were the only ones to step up and help him.

A bit blowy here but at least we have some patches of blue sky. 

• Like 2

Happy birthday to Steve.

That was really nice of you Yantan, I'm sure the rescue will appreciate it.

Hope you get a sighting of the hawk Owl.

Really mixed weather here wet, then sunny, then windy. Nice at the moment but freezing cold. Still, Spring is nearly here 😊

• Like 1

It's a beautiful day here! Blue skies & the sun is out although it is still a bit nippy.

Our road is closed today and tomorrow. I have no idea why. We only got to know last week when metal signs were put in place at both ends. I see there are now police cones down the opposite side. My car and several others are still parked this side.

Tye's ashes are setting off on the journey back to Essex today. The family have said they'll take a photo of his last resting place so I can put it in his memorial box with his collar. We do miss him. He was a huge presence in our lives 💔💔

• Sad 2

Sunny and dry but very cold here, and it looks as if we are getting a few dry days. Yesterday I drove Wispa to one of our favourite walking places but it was just our luck that there was a clay shoot within earshot so she insisted on getting straight back in van and leaving. So we went to another place which is usually fairly free of dogs, and found the track we like to walk was under 2 feet of water. I though ok, we will potter round a nearby field . Went round to back of van to get her out, and the wind was so strong I could not stay upright. So we gave up and went home. She didn't seem to mind. I think she just likes a ride round.

• Haha 1

What a character Wispa is!

One minute the sky is blue and then just like that it's grey. Wait a couple of minutes more and there you go it's back to blue. 

Is everyone keeping well? This Covid-19 is a worry. 

Aaahh pneumatic drills just started up outside although I still don't know what the hell is going on.

Afternoon all

Awww bless you Yantan, it must be so hard not having Tye here but I think it's absolutely lovely that you are reuniting him with his dad, I bet if that man could he would give you and Ruby the biggest hug

Lol, bless Wispa 

Surveyor is here... been here for hours. They have not been given anything from the solicitor so mum is livid! We luckily had copies of the photos and the original plans showing the property with a flat roof. Mum explained the whole situation and told him that if a convertible Audi turned up and they were threatened just to get in the car and leave, the surveyor said but your survey won't be done and you will lose the money...mum just said their safety was more important. He is of the opinion that the porch roof and cladding is trespass and hopefully his report will show that but it all goes on measurements so fingers crossed. He also said he suspects given what they have done and their behaviour that they have done this before, he said it appears they know how far they can push things and that they are bullies and bullies will try to get everyone on their side... which they tried or then fight with those that don't fall into line...  next door to a tee!!!

• Like 1

I hope your case is proved Griff. 

Tye's ashes have been picked up. I've ordered him a casket/box the same as George and Archie's for his collar and a few other "memory" things. I'm getting his name and dates engraved on it along with the legend "our wonderful sausage snatcher".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love that!! He did love to pinch your food didn't he? Bless him

Well, the surveyor has said in his opinion the boundary is the original bricks on next doors porch which means......we are right! I can see this ending in court but if that's what it takes...so be it!