UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

its for 3months, but if he goes, he might be offered temp jobs in other countries. another man has just had a years contract in new jersey. hes the only person I see, and rely on him to take me places, and just to see him, so could go way downhill if he goes. I have told him to go though. If he does move his girlfriend in, and think about kids, I wouldn't see him as much then

• Sad 1

slow cooker is on, garden cleaned and bed made. head and hand is killing, so ill be loaded with painkillers today. got the sky man bringing a new box, a 'Q' and lewis is coming. if the man has been we are shopping, if not its coffee here.its cold out but im hot so doors are open as usual

have a safe warm day xxx

So far the microclimate I live in has escaped snow. Winds are strong, intermittent heavy showers. I think I will have to get Wispa into the car and go to reserve, though I expect she will be happy with a minimal walk. She just likes to get a change of scene and scents. Also maybe I need to spend some time with my colleagues at the visitor centre to reconnect with the rest of the human race before I become a total recluse. 

One minute we have blue sky here, then the clouds roll in and it snows again! Going by online photos, Flagg and other areas in the Peak got it badly yesterday.   I know what you mean about becoming a recluse, Owl.  My daughter came over the other day and dragged me out for coffee and cake before, as she put it, I turned into a total hermit! 

I must remember to get myself sorted out early tomorrow, I have an ultrasound on the whatever-it-is on my neck at 10, so I'll have to get the 8.35 bus and shock! horror! I'll have to pay, as the Gold card isn't valid before 9.30.  Just hope it's not so cold tomorrow, nothing worse than standing about at bus stops in the cold.

its high winds again, but warm

ill have to take myself everywhere if lewis goes. the office is near the beach, and looks at the statue of liberty. hes waiting for HR to send details before he agrees to it. should be today

sky man is on his way. me, with a new box and remote. ill have to remember how to turn it on!

That's not fair Suzeanna about the bus fare not being free before 9.30.  Obviously due to the commuter traffic but I bet most folk with the card wouldn't plan to travel during such a busy time if they didn't absolutely have too.

Ruby's had to go to Newcastle today for another 6 monthly scan. Back in 2 weeks time for the results. 

Tye and I had a 4.2 mile walk today down to the lake and round about. Bloody hell but it was perishing. I'd insisted Tye wore his coat, he flat out refused yesterday, and I am sure he was very glad I had. The wind has got up even worse this afternoon and I switched the heating back on at 2 - normally it doesn't come on until 4.

Tye's auntie Jan and uncle Vince came to see him today as we keep walking past their house and Tye wants to go in every time but they are usually out. He was very excited to see them, although he did fall asleep beside uncle Vin after about a half-hour. And he started snoring! 

I hope Wispa got out OK for her sniffing opportunity and that Owl caught up with friends at the reserve. I don't mind being a hermit and try my best every day to avoid people when I am out and about.

We didn't get to the reserve as weather got worse and we got hammered by horizontal hail. Wispa not pleased so I have to get her out there first thing tomorrow. I did get out to Tickhill for some food items, and popped into charity shop to leave some books. I found a soft tunic with cowl neck and a pattern of random leaves with a border of different kinds of owls along the bottom.  Officially I am never going to buy any more clothes but felt justified in blowing all of 3.50 on this. 

• Like 2

I tried to take some books into a charity shop the other day and met with a polite refusal, they've got too many already! Will try another couple of places at the weekend.  They are all hard backs and in good condition, it'd be a shame to bin them.

They were saying it could snow and freeze overnight, I do hope not! I'm not  brilliant in slippery conditions and it would be just my luck to fall and break something.