UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

Well, I spoke too soon about no falling branches on A1. I was happily beetling along with a strong following wind saving me some fuel, when 2 police cars raced past with flashing lights. We all slowed up a bit, expecting trouble. A tree was down with branches over the nearside lane. Police were there in time to get us all safely past. Then a bit further up there was a flash flood but not too deep.

Yantan I hope the river stays put.  Sorry to hear about some of you having floods.

Pleased you're home safely Owl. Pity the run couldn't have been done on Thursday as I could have done the whole trip from Eastbourne and saved you a journey.

Hoping for no floods for anyone.

So sorry about the conservatory Jazz. Hope it's easily mended.

Wasn't too bad here most of the day. My son popped over for a visit then the wind must have got bad over the Clyde as the ferries were cancelled so he had to drive round the Rest and be Thankful road which can be treacherous at this time of year. Luckily there were no landslides today and he got home with no problems.

• Like 1

Morning all.

Still wet & windy here but not as bad as the weekend. Trying to think where to take Tye for a walk which is away from trees as sudden gusts of wind have been sending branches flying and in some cases uprooting or snapping trees.

I'd really prefer to stay put but Tye enjoys his walk and it does me good, especially with aiding the weight loss. 5-and-half stones lighter now.

Eve we've been on The Rest and be Thankful road a few times. Your son did well getting home safely.

• Like 1

got a man coming at 3 to look at the conservatory. my friend is having a ct scan at 5 to confirm cancer, and my son is having a meeting with the americans at 4, so a decisive day

just had a few 'gentle' words with a rescue. shes publically moaning about people going elsewhere to have their dogs adopted, when shes working hard to help them, but ive just politely told her if she has a go at people for asking for an update or being ignored, they will! she was polite after that

Eve, we didn't even know about the transport run until late on Thursday, otherwise I would have asked you as this was a small and friendly labradoodle who travelled well.

Not sure where/if we are going to walk today as fields are sodden and woods still dangerous. 

Wind has died down a lot but we have had rain, hail, sleet and a bit of sun. Snow on the hills but not forecast for lower down. Managed to get the dogs out for a short walk but think that'll be their lot for today. Their choice, not mine lol.

Hope you get Tye out for a potter about Yantan. Congrats on the weight loss, that is really impressive.