UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

Must be frustrating, Jazz.

Speaking of frustrating, a GP I saw said maybe the problem with my feet and legs could be due to the treatment for my blood thing, ask them next time you go to the clinic.  Asked..no, never heard of it doing that.  Well, when I was awake in the night I looked up the info for the medics, rather than patients.  Guess what is a common side effect? Yep, neuropathy! Also rather alarming, it is a highly carcinogenic drug, which may well be why I developed the blasted breast cancer in the first place. Unfortunately there are only two other drugs for it, one I tried and had horrible effects on my stomach, and the third my consultant said no way! If you think the side effects of the first two are bad, they are nothing compared to the ones for this, you aren't having that.  Looks as if me and my sore feet will have to learn to get along together.

So sorry about your friend Jazz, and how lovely of Lewis to offer to dog sit. Hope your benefits are sorted soon.

My dad had neuropathy because of his diabetes so am really sorry you've got it too Suzeanna. I know how frustrating he found it when he had trouble walking.

Nothing much to report from here. Bought a load of compost for a couple of large planters I'd got and planted a few bulbs and plants in them. Going down to Eastbourne tomorrow to see family so that's a 9-12 hour drive I'm not looking forward to, depending on traffic.

• Like 1

Bit blowy here too, hope Eve has a safe trip

Jazz, could you do the vinegar thing with the kettle? Not sure if it works on odours or just limescale

Steve has a days driver training today.. he has had to go to Yardley so is proper annoyed...he hates Brummies lol. It's his first day back driving after his bereavement leave, I have found out his father died of a heart attack and quite obviously kept Steve a secret from his new family... could manage to take on 2 other people's kids though, hope that rotten man died in absolute agony. It's bad enough to dump your kid for a woman but to dump him and know the abuse he was suffering and leave him there and walk away... utterly vile

sorry, missed a bit, its smelling of burning. ive found a travel kettle to use.  my son gave me a Sainsburys voucher, ill get one from there. we have so much to do tomorrow, cant ask lewis to take me anywhere else. we will go the next day off