UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

I'm glad you got home safely Eve but that was a mammoth journey especially with all the hold-ups. Rest up this weekend.

Our nutty neighbour has just called to say how sorry she was about us losing Tye after another neighbour told her about it. She commented that we gave him a great home for his final weeks and please get another rescue Staffy when we are ready. Next time I see her she will probably blank me. That's what's she's like.

• Confused 1

Got a bit stormy this afternoon, but not too bad. I might have had a little nap this afternoon (for 2 hours 😮) and am just about ready to go to bed again lol. Officially getting old. Journeys like that don't normally bother me but combined with the stress about trying to get my sister proper aftercare when she gets out of hospital it was a horrible few days.

Yay for Bertie getting a great new home.

So pleased Tye is getting to go back to his dad. What a beautiful thing to do Yantan. Hope Ruby's tests turn out ok and you get to go on your holiday.

Sorry for all the posts I've missed. Hopefully take in things properly tomorrow. I'll catch up soon, promise xx

• Like 1

Eve, with all that on your mind as well as the journey, you have done very well indeed.

Interesting stuff to do tomorrow, helping to keep track of a female Harris hawk which has been flying round Tickhill just up the road and grabbing free range chooks.  Thought I had matched it to an owner on a lost birds of prey group. but he saw a photo taken by one of the local bird watchers and he says not his bird which is only a juvenile. He is nevertheless determined to bring this bird in and will be there tomorrow with a male hawk to entice her. 

The bird vanished after Ciara and Dennis storms and has only just returned. Both birders and poultry keepers are helping to monitor her as we really want her caught. 

Makes a change from all the other creatures I have been involved with. 

Oh wow!!! Aside for the killing chicken bit! I adore birds of prey....they are so amazing, I had a buzzard many years ago, we saved him from crows, me and my old staffy diesel, the RSPCA man was amazed I caught him. Scratched my mums brand new Linda Barker recliner 3 piece leather suite... luckily both parents love animals and even though it was only a few days old she just said " oh well...was going to get scratched eventually" lol. Will keep my fingers crossed the boy hawk is a good draw for her

• Like 1