UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

Had a lovely time with steve yesterday, I was in hysterics as a group of teenagers ere hanging round by the shops, walking back one said "you are looking gorgeous can I have your number" lol....I did point out that I was nearly old enough to be his nan but it did make me laugh

• Haha 1

Griff I remember this kid plaguing the life out of me to dance with him in a nightclub many, many years ago. It turned out I used to babysit him!

We picked Tye's ashes up today. He's going back to Essex to either be scattered or buried alongside his dad. I'm going to get a box, the same as George & Archie's, for his collar, the card from the crem and a photo of his final resting place.

Ruby has an appointment at the breast clinic in Carlisle at 8.20am on Tuesday. That will mean an early start! Following a mammogram and other possible tests they'll tell her the results the same day.

Another stormy weekend forecast I see. I hope everyone doesn't suffer any damage from the high winds.

Yantan, that's so lovely that The is going back to his dad.... you are both lovely ladies for giving him back xx

Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed here for Ruby...I can't really do anything but if you need anything please give me a shout

It was so funny, I was really taken aback and I think he seemed a bit shocked by my age, fair play to him though having the guts to ask someone for their number

• Like 1

Well, Steve has been to see the lady at mind...turns out she lives down the road from me...she isn't particularly nice but was o.k with him...she gave him the details for cruse and an email address to sort out counselling, I got a bit angry at him, I told him 4 years ago he had dyslexia.. wouldn't listen, she said the same and it's gospel, she told him he has depression....I told him that agggggeeesss ago, he believes her but not me! I have to go up tomorrow to do an email with him to sort the counselling out as he can't put a sentence together properly...and at least then I know he has actually done it

Thanks Griff. I hope Steve gets some help. You can't just leave mental health problems to fester. 

Ruby & I had a walk down town just to stretch our legs. We got birthday cards for a friend and an acceptance to his 60th birthday bash - in New York! We won't send the acceptance card until we know what's what with Ruby though.

Everything crossed for something minor. Ruby could do with some good luck and so could you.

Still trying to work out how someone could think dyslexia has the same symptoms as depression ... 

We spent all day at home as it didn't stop raining, but Wispa had good walks yesterday and day before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, griff said:

He said he couldn't read and write properly Owl and she said he had dyslexia.

Yantan, you will still go on your big trip won't you?? 

If Ruby has to have surgery we may not be able to go because she won't be allowed to fly. 

Thank you Owl 👍

• Sad 1

I'm back. Had the journey from hell most of yesterday, what with the horrendous weather, multiple accidents (not me lol, I just got stuck in the traffic jams behind them) and roadworks it took me 12 hours to get home. I did try to read and post last night but was just too exhausted. I'll go and read back properly now and see what you've all been up to. Speak later xx