UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

Griff , Yantan, Eve and others are reading even when they don't feel like writing,  and I don't doubt they will be back. 

The rain is holding off this morning so I will get Wispa out somewhere even if she will only walk for a short time in the stiff breeze.

She needs a pedicure but will have to wait until the floods around Newark have receded as our friend who clips her nails has a salon there. She hates having them done and has to be muzzled, but trusts Charlotte who understands her very well and arranges an appointment when there will be no other dogs around.

• Like 1

Yes, I have been reading, had a bad couple of days myself and I do keep in touch with Yantan every day or two, she has been really good helping me with my neighbour problems

Owl, hope you manage to get wispas pedicure done in the not too distant future...nice when you find someone who understands not all dogs are perfect and don't judge you for it

• Like 1

Our first dog together, a dobe bitch, was lovely in every way until it came to getting her nails done.  It took three of us to hold her while we clipped them, never touched the quick I might add.  When we took her to the vet and mentioned it, the little horror obligingly lifted her paws and sat there good as gold!

2 people had to hold my shih Tzu down to get her nails done at 1 salon, the other one, she was no bother

the dogs have pigs ears. they loved them so much I bought a load this time, now they arnt as keen, typical lol Bertie thought he could guard them, hes out of luck, so sulking

We found Wispa very sociable when we met her Owl...or was she having a mushy day and two strangers didn't bother her?

We are venturing out to a pub in Higham for a meal tonight, first time in two weeks and counting that Philip isn't coughing so much that everyone in the place will take cover! Be a nice change not to have to cook.  

Edited by suzeanna

We went to Worksop and Wispa had a change of scene and a 5 minute walk. The wind nearly blew me over, so she said enough and I agreed. Did some errands and dropped in for coffee with mum of an Aussie cattle dog who was reunited after having legged it during storm Dennis.  

Have a lovely meal Suzeanna, it's nice not to have to cook every now and again. We haven't been out for ages. Did try on Monday lunchtime but I didn't fancy a thing on the menu so we went without lol.

Never had to clip a dogs claws which is probably lucky for any dog I've ever had. Not even brilliant at doing my own nails lol.

Sorry if I haven't been posting as much as I usually do. I love this forum and would be devastated if it died a death. You lot have got me through such a lot and I care about you all. I'm not always good at contributing but I promise I'll not be so introspective and join in more.

My waffly bollox for today is that it has rained all day here, dogs wouldn't go for walks, just a mad dash into the garden for toilet breaks. Oh, and I got my hair cut. There, that's got you all riveted 😂

• Like 1

Well, that's exciting Eve, did you learn any interesting gossip in the hairdresser??  Did you get anything new done? I have just ordered a big barrell curling tong as I don't do anything with my hair lol bought one today and used it but it's not what I want and burnt my neck on both sides lol

Nope, just the same short and easy to manage style I usually have Griff. One day I'll think of something different lol. Learned that one girl's boyfriend bought a Jack Russell puppy and pics of it showed that it's definitely a crossbreed and more daxi than anything else We were trying to work out what designer name the muppets would come up with trying to justify paying £800 quid for a mongrel 😂

• Haha 1