UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

I'm somewhat confused! On Facebook, the rescue is talking about Tye and what appears to be the foster mum is commenting about him.  I assume..due to the remarks about having more room in bed now...that it's Yantan, but I thought she said she isn't on Facebook? Maybe it's a complete coincidence and another dog called Tyson, but it looks like him from the pics she's put on.

It's me Suzeanna. I joined under an old nickname so I could keep up with the rescue who are very FB focused. I didn't want family & friends wanting to friend me as I don't want to read their political views or see pictures of their dinner. I'm only friends with people associated with the rescue or the rescue world. I'm happy to add folk here but I don't post personal stuff, just dog rescue and welfare stuff.

We are devastated over losing Tye. It all happened so suddenly and here we are again with an empty house. We have cried buckets today. 

Thank you all for your kindness. Normal service will be resumed soon.

• Sad 2

Yantan...you mean you really don't want to see photos of my dinner...wow!!! 😂😂😂 Only joking, I am the same, I don't want my family contacting me hence my work nickname so nobody will associate me with it....I can't imagine my family taking kindly to me telling them to pee off!

Jazz get Lewis to WhatsApp video call you so you can see the statue of liberty too

I don't quite get the dinner pictures that people put on Facebook. I just assumed that they are all more interested in food and cooking than I am. I often post landscape photos but am sure that none of my friends want to look at a bowl of veg stew or some bread and cheese. Medieval peasant fare is the normal cuisine in the owlery.

Sending lots of love to Yantan and Ruby. So sad for you xx 

I did manage to give Wispa a decent walk on the reserve. Visitor centre cafe was nearly out of food as the place had been packed all day in spite of cold wind and occasional showers. All the people and dogs who had spent the weekend trapped at home because of Dennis turned up ready for some fresh air and exercise!  I had a cuddle with the only puli for miles around, lovely white boy called Marco. 

• Like 2

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Griff who sent us a beautiful bouquet yesterday. Griff you are so kind and thoughtful. Ruby and I were most touched when it arrived. Thank you.

Suzeanna thank you for your message. You are right. I believe that will happen.

Thank you all. It takes another dog lover to truly know what you go through when we loose our pups.

• Like 3

Well, got hold of a roofer (rang a few) who came out as an emergency repair...no prizes for guessing it wasn't cheap! Anyway, they worked off ladders not scaffolding which was something although they did have problems because of the conservatory.  Hopefully, it's fixed.  If it isn't, they can come back and have another go for free or they'll get a very snotty review.

I was tidying out the drawer we put all bank statements and other stuff in, and found the original letter to my GP when I first had cancer...six years ago almost to the day! So, considering that until now and only due to a pair of beseeching brown eyes (the oncologist, not the dog) I haven't had any treatment other than surgery, I'm not doing too badly. That's probably jinxed me now.

• Like 2

My daughter has British friends in Greece, who live here in the winter and over there in summer, much as she does.  She had a shock last week, a mutual friend told her that a friend of theirs had suddenly died, only 64.  His wife..well, widow now..phoned my daughter today and told her what happened.  They live in Devon and were driving along (thank heavens she was driving) having not a row, but bickering.  He started to say stop moa...then went silent.  She looked at him and he was slumped in his seat.  She stopped and flagged down some cyclists, one gave him CPR and another phoned for an ambulance but despite a paramedic and then the air ambulance, it was all too late.  How absolutely awful for her, nice for him.  I don't know what I'd do in that situation, have screaming hysterics I think! Philip winced when I told him, as he's 64 in May and it makes you very aware of your mortality.

• Sad 2