UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

A friend in West Wales just told me that the pair of robins which she has been feeding for some years flew into her kitchen when someone went through the back door, when Dennis was at his worst.  They perched on some ornamental jugs she keeps on a high shelf, and she provided them with food and water and a bath. They stayed there until the wind dropped and then left looking much better than when they arrived. 

• Like 2

Jazz, I'm sure the time will go more quickly for you when the weather clears up and you can get out a bit.  Is there a Community bus service in your area that could get you to the shops? He'll have lots to tell you when he gets back.

Oh how sweet Owl.  I remember my mother telling me that  she had a little robin who would fly in through the window and demand to be fed.  There are a couple in our garden, both male and too busy swearing at each other to bother with me.

For the time he had with them, he was happy, spoiled and very much loved.  There are many dogs out there, lonely cold and afraid, who would give anything for one hour of what he had.  I'm so so sorry...but now, having had a dog of a different type to their last one, they know that it's not the breed, it's the dog that matters and I'm sure there is another waiting in the wings for them.