UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

I wouldn't care if I never saw a potato again. Although I do like chips! 

I don't care for champagne either but loved that you quaffed it as a remedy to overindulgence Eve.

Well our boiler has failed and won't re-ignite. After being with British Gas Homecare for years and never having called them out we expected to have an engineer out today but no. We are left without heating until tomorrow. Any bets they'll cancel that due to overwhelming demand  because of Storm Dennis??

Fortunately we have an electric convector heater which is keeping the sitting room toasty. In fact we've had to turn it down as it got too hot! The rest of the house is freezing though.

Tye isn't feeling too well. His cough has come back and his appetite has gone missing. He's wrapped up in blankies in his bed and sleeping peacefully though so we'll see how he goes. He flat out refused to go for a short walk this morning in the nasty rain, despite his warm, padded, waterproof coat so I'd be hard pressed to get him into the car to visit the vet in Cockermouth. 

I hope everyone is staying warm, dry and safe.

• Sad 1

Today's stroke of luck was finding the owner of a Harris hawk which has been floating round Tickhill and eyeing up people's chooks. He is pleased to have news of her but now has to catch her. I hope Dennis has not blown her away.

• Like 1

Luckily Laryngeal Paralysis doesn't happen too often Yantan. We thought Stanley might be heading for it when he had a cough as an elderly staffie, especially as he had megaesophagus all his life and the two can be linked, but luckily it never became more than an annoying cough which we treated with children's benylin. Hope your boiler is fixed tomorrow Yantan. I agree with Griff that you should have emphasised you have chronic  asthma and Ruby is recovering from kidney cancer. It's not a lie, after all.

Everything crossed the Harris hawk is reunited with his owner Owl.

Hope your toe is not too painful Jazz.

We keep getting a form every so often off Western power, because mum has sleep apnoea and uses a breathing machine and because of my health issues we get priority in power cuts...we get hooked up first in a power cut. Iwas also told that as I am on chemo, I would be entitled to reduced fuel costs but my name isn't on the bill so not relevant.

Been to the tattooist, love seeing Martin...we don't agree on everything but he makes me chuckle...we both adore dogs and animals and I am vegan/ veggie and he is Vegan, all of his inks are vegan too..... always get the best hug & kiss off him...he said last time I was in he wished he had a twin..bless

A few positive things from today on the lost and found front.

A man in Leics who had lost his tortoise on 27th August looked out of his window and saw her sitting outside! Covered in mud but otherwise OK.

My friend had been searching for a rescue whippet for 3 weeks. Hound was skin and bone, hiding in wood and evading capture. Caught first thing this morning.

And finally, I had been helping the owner of an Aussie cattle dog who normally never leaves his people, but took off night before last. This happened in our favourite walking area, close to the village where I grew up, so I planned to help search today.  Dog was post-op and still on meds with stitches in his jaw. There were sightings last night in a village 4 miles away. I called the owner for update this morning just as I was about to set off. She was driving so asked me to hold on until she parked up. We were discussing the situation when she shrieked "I see him" and dropped the phone. I was there with everything crossed until she rang back to say she had him in the car. So I have stayed home all day with Wispa, listening to radio and reading and totally dodging Dennis.

That storm is well named. My worst ever boss was called Dennis. Money grabbing, cheating scammer who owned a care home. 

• Like 1

Good news on all sides there then Owl!

Bad news here, our roof has been taking notes from Yantan's and sprung a leak.  Dripping through the spare bedroom ceiling..no doubt the wind and rain combined to loosen some tiles, I can't see any missing.  I was looking up roofers and scaffolding and was horrified to see scaffolding costs an average of £1000! My son pointed out that I should be able to claim on the house insurance, I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Won't hold my breath though, I used to work for a Loss Adjusters, and I know how good they are at wriggling out of things.

Hope Yantan got her boiler fixed.

We had some of storm Dennis yesterday, then was nice and calm this morning, sunny but cold and breezy and not that windy. Picked up again late afternoon and been a bit wild this evening. No damage done though. Ferries are cancelled so must be really wild in the middle of the Clyde.

Hope your insurance company are reasonable Suzeanna.

Great result all round Owl.

What tattoo did you get Griff?

Saw your pics on Facebook Jazz, hopefully now the bruising has come out it becomes less painful.

Hoping Tye is ok Yantan.

Stay safe tonight everyone xx