UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

Been cold, rainy, sleety and hail stony here today. Dog walker cancelled which pee'd me off as the weather wasn't that bad and I still managed to get all the dogs out for an hour each. Though I guess it might have been bad where he takes them - up the hills and more remote glens. Hope he doesn't cancel tomorrow as I'm going out early. Have to get the 6.30 ferry to be at my son's to wait for a bed delivery and neither he nor his wife could get the day off. So they won't get a morning walk if he cancels.

Hoping for no ice for you tomorrow Suzeanna and that the ultrasound shows there's no nasties in your neck.

Bargain on the tunic Owl. Sounds lovely and justified you spending a whole £3.50 on it. I never find anything I like in charity shops and am jealous of your bargain.

Did Lewis hear anything more from HR re the job Jazz?

Hope you survived the electricians working next door Griff. Has the stalker in the car stopped spying on you now?

Suzeanna, best of luck today xx

Eve, I have seen him a couple of times but at the moment I am not bothered if he decides to kill me, beat the crap out of me...I am at the point where a bit of peace and no stress would be lovely

Owl, hope you manage to get to the reserve...I force myself to go out even when I don't want to although I am fed up with humans so may just give up and stay home lol

Awwww, bet the loved seeing Vince and Jan.

Molly was chuffed to bits to see me, she was following me around too, first time she has done that! Had a game of tug and then the toy got destuffed lol I didn't mind as she has had it since Christmas, I am the only one that buys her toys, well I get her everything a girly dog could need! a new lead, pretty pink collar and 2 lovely warm coats and new towels for getting dried off after her walk... probably why she likes me

I took some books to a local animal charity shop Suzeanna and they didn't want them. They could only sell chick lit and thrillers. No market for decent literature ☹  I took them to Oxfam who were thrilled with them but then they are a national organisation with many shops and an online book selling service.

Aw that's nice of you Griff to keep Molly in toys and nice girlie things. 

Eve our old dogwalkers turn out whatever the weather. They just change the walks to areas they can get too ok, even if its only the local park where they will play games with the dogs.

Not brilliant news for me...he's as sure as he can be without a biopsy that it's a spread of my cancer.  He said I need to see my oncologist again asap, phoned his secretary, and she can get me in to see him at the Royal tomorrow, can't get much quicker than that! The consultant who did the ultrasound said there's no point in a biopsy to confirm it if I don't intend to have any treatment (can't waste the NHS money, you know), so now I've got some serious thinking to do. I know the only treatment would be chemo...but whether or not there's a realistic good outcome or not is what worries me.  Philip's brother had 3 lots of chemo, he said each was worse than the last, and  he died anyway.  Sorry to be gloomy! At least the sun is out and I didn't have to worry about ice...but £4.90 for a Dayrider on the bus was rather a shock.

Oh, Suzeanna, I'm so sorry. Hope your oncologist can give you some guidance and options. ((big hug))

That's a bit odd Jazz. Doesn't give him much time to get organised.

Yantan, the dogs go on a pack walk with the dogwalkers - there's up to 12 on some walks so they always go somewhere a bit remote to avoid on lead dogs etc. The local park isn't suitable for that.They did turn up today and so did the bed so all is well.

im sorry to hear that. we are here for you. you can always talk to me on facebook xxxx

I know. hes frustrated. hes going to talk to the bosses boss today and see if he can have a word. hes still on the rota here for sunday, so they need to know

bindi was on berties favourite cushion, so hes sat moaning at her till she moved lol

• Like 1

Suzeanna, I am so sorry...I do hope you are going to complain to your doctor...it was them who said nothing to worry about wasn't it?

The decision is yours...you are in control...one thing I will say is my dad's mum started on chemo and then she decided she didn't want to do it anymore and stopped... maybe that would be an option? There's nothing at all I can say... sorry doesn't cover or make things better, just chin up girly xx

Thanks everyone, it's good to have support.  I did make him laugh...I was muttering about the noticeable hard lump and said had he seen Alien? I was having visions of it doing something similar, and he said he'd pay good money to see that!  Griff, the woman who did the last ultrasound on the area is the one who does the scans for breast cancer and she was puzzled by it, but certainly didn't seem to have any concerns that it was cancer, so he might not be right.  Just had a thought, I hope the oncologist doesn't think I'm turning into one of those women who get a crush on the doctor and start stalking them! I'll definitely go into options of everything with him.  There were things I didn't say last time because Philip was with me and I didn't want to upset him.

I see they have a case of coronavirus in Worthing Hospital A&E now, that's where my son took his eldest recently! Rather a worry.

Wispa is happy, she had a good run on the reserve. She found and crunched up a bird skeleton, may have been a snipe. I had a nice lunch at the visitor centre while I chatted with one of the wardens who I hadn't seen for ages, catching up on news. Also got a load of bedlinen washed and dried before the next storm arrives.

We are feeling a bit more human/canine respectively.

• Like 1

Suzeanna....I am hoping he is wrong, I wonder could they do what they do with animals...needle aspiration? Lol...pee myself if he thinks you fancy him !!

Yantan has been helping me get my head round wills and probate and stuff, I am damn sure if there's a way of Steve getting any cash from his vile father I am going to find a way. I am lodging a form tomorrow to see if anyone applies for probate, I have a feeling they are going to dispose of his car and cash etc amongst themselves...if he died without a will, Steve is liable for any money and belongings as he is his own biological son and the other 2 are foster children we think

• Like 1