UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

Not good here but I am the middle person in relay and no one else is dropping out. Dog is already en route from Eastbourne to Cambridge. Going to allow double time to get to Grantham so will be on road by 11. I have thermos, sandwiches and book so don't mind a long wait if I get there early.  Staying in touch with the team so will have support if anything goes wrong. At least this Kangoo 4x4 is much heavier than the previous Kangoo and holds the road better.

I'm glad you are driving a 4x4 Owl. Safe journey.

It's bad here.  The river is very high, lapping the top of the bank in the park. Everyone is waiting with bated breath to see if it breaks anywhere. Our garden drain has backed up and the water is lapping at the door. Just hoping the rain stops soon. Or if the river breaks anywhere it will allow this water to drain - but likely at someone else's expense 😥

Tye wouldn't go out for a wee even after I put his coat on for him. Ruby's had to get togged up and take him for a short walk so he can do what a dog needs to do!

• Sad 1

Well done Owl. 

It stopped raining here about an hour-and-a-half ago so our garden drain has drained away. It actually came out quite bright at one time but the skies have greyed over again and the wind has picked up since then.

The rugby club pitch is under water and the clubhouse has flooded. The football pitch is also under water and they have put the flood-boards in place and moved furniture as a precaution. I've not heard of anywhere else getting flooded.

The Keswick to Ambleside road is closed however as some parts are impassable due to flooding. 

I hope everyone else is safe and dry and not having problems with the weather.

• Like 1

It was absolutely torrential here earlier..the road looked like a river! My neighbour opposite rang to ask were we getting flooded, as it was up to my next door neighbours doorstep.  We are clear at the front door, but it's come in the side and the passageway is a couple of inches deep.  There go the carpet tiles!

• Sad 1