UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 20

Jazz

Good news there for a change, Jazz.

Got in to see onc an hour and a half late, I was losing the will to live! (maybe not the right phrase!).  Philip came with me, so at least we could chat.  Good news but also not so good..all internal organs are fine, very very slight progression on the vertebrae but...what I hoped was scar tissue under the left arm isn't, its a progression of the tumour she couldn't completely remove.  It was 16mm at the scan last July, and 21mm now.  Dr. Sivoglu grabbed my hand in both of his and begged me to at least give the blasted Anastrazole a try,, he said if it has bad side effects you can always stop it again.  Philip agreed with him, so I'm outnumbered.  Dr. S did say surgery isn't an option, it's wrapped round major vessels and you can't cut if out without damaging them, and neither is radiotherapy ...too near the heart...or chemo as I already take it, so if the Anastrazole doesn't slow things down, I'm sunk.  Oh well, better give the damn stuff a go. Wish me luck! 

3 hours ago, Yantan said:

If the weather is really bad Owl perhaps they will cancel the run??

Unlikely unless the road is totally flooded, as this is a desperate emergency run for one dog, not a standard pound-to-rescue run.

Suzeanna, best of luck with the new drug. Worth trying at least.

Jazz, very happy for you. It is encouraging to know that someone is getting benefits put up, not reduced.

Please try it Suzeanna, we're all behind you.

Great news Jazz, so pleased for you.

Hope the weather holds for your transport run Owl. The storms not due to hit us till evening so hope it's the same for you.

Not laughing at all at Tye nicking the sausages lol. I so love that boy.

• Like 1

How's the weather for everyone this morning? It's reasonable here but there is rather a cold wind blowing, particularly in exposed areas.

Tye and I had a walk to the lake early this morning but because of the bitter wind on the foreshore we didn't walk as far along as planned. Instead we headed into a nearby wood where it was much more sheltered.

Had another dog owner call his dogs to put them on a lead when he spotted Tye was on his. I thanked him as we passed. Unfortunately responsible owners like this are few and far between.

As we walked down I chose not to go through the churchyard as I knew it would be very windy. We stuck to the sheltered lane running beside it. I was dismayed to see someone through the hedge with a dog running loose in the churchyard despite all the signs saying "on-lead dogs only please". When we came back that way the gate was left open. I wonder who might have done that??? 

Was sunny but cold here today but the storm is here now. Wind is howling outside and rain lashing down but we have shut the curtains and lit the fire so we don't care lol. Don't hold out much hope for last wees, mind. Ah well, that's what I bought the steam mop for if there's any accidents.

Hope you got the transport run done with no problems Owl.

Wishing no storm thoughts to all of you and a peaceful evening.