UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

Took van to mechanic who will take it for MOT this afternoon. Everything crossed. It has been doing a strange noise which I think may be a wheel bearing, can't hear it until you get to about 40 mph.

Rain forecast for this afternoon so I think we are having a day at home.

Very wise to have a day at home Owl. Tye and I got our walk in this morning just before the heavens opened. I had planned a short street walk for this afternoon but we'll can that I think. It's miserable out there.

I hope the van goes through the MOT without problems or expensive repairs needing done.

Fingers crossed for a pass on the MOT.  It's not raining here yet, but it does look as if it's threatening.

I've got a doctor's appt at 5.50, I want some more investigation into the lump(s) on my neck, which seem to be thriving! The little one which was small pea size is now more of a bean, and it's getting uncomfortable to turn my head.  The ultrasounds ruled out cancer spread, but I'd like to know what it is, as well as what it isn't.  I said to Philip if the bean gets any bigger I'm going to draw a face on it and give it a name.  He gave me a funny look and I'm sure I heard him muttering to Candy "your mum's nuts!"

Haven't a clue. Cyber-idiot here, sorry.

Just had call from mechanic. Car has passed MOT but does need both rear wheel bearings replaced. They won't be arriving until late afternoon so I am going to collect car, then make an appointment to have them done.

Very cold and blowy here but Wispa decided she really wanted a nice outing. Sighing dramatically and looking woebegone.  I bet if I took her to the reserve she would opt for a 10 minute walk then back to the car. 

A good day for me really. Nothing unexpected on the MOT, and although I lost my distance glasses first thing this morning, I have just found them and also found another missing item while I was searching. I am legally allowed to drive without them as one eye is good enough to read a number plate at the required distance, but as the other eye is different it causes eyestrain if I drive very far. Garage is less than a mile away, fortunately. 

Great news on the MOT Owl and yay for finding the distance glasses. My MOT is being done next week so fingers crossed nothing major needs done on mine too. Better give it a bit of a clear out though as the back is full of rubbish.

Hope the doctor has some answers for you Suzeanna.

Eve, when I was working as a mechanic we used to get vets cars in...my god! They were like skips on wheels with needles scattered all over the place! I used to open the tailgate just look and note on the job card that I was not endangering myself

Well done on finding your glasses and the other item owl

My mechanic is a competition gun dog trainer so not worried by mud and dog hair.  I am more concerned about jet washing the underside and wheel arches, as I would not like him to be standing in the inspection pit and have a large piece of Nottinghamshire land on his head.