UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

Suzeanna, I think with my dad and Steve it's the whole Magdalena thing.. however I did point out that he himself did far worse and was forgiven so he should remember that! He said to my mate Rob that he wants somebody to look after me....at what point in my life have I ever needed someone to look after me? I do quite well on my own thank you lol. Mum likes Steve I think, well she doesn't have any particular issue with him, she marked his card with the Magdalena thing and she always asks how he and Molly are. Steve is only 50 and I am 40, but neither of us look our ages ...or act it lol

That's not good about the laptop! Whoever returned it should have done a factory reset anyway

Bad news, my dog has been returned to his owner! Apparently he was claimed almost immediately, I asked what's going to happen with the owner, the dog was in a terrible state....both owl and Marion have seen the pictures, apparently he is getting treatment for his skin..no he bloody isn't!! So I said what about his eyes and his dew claws growing in and overgrown back claws...she said she would get the dog warden to call me, I am hoping they were just saying he had been reclaimed and that he is going to go onto a rescue....if he ever turns up again, I will figure something out and he won't go back, might be illegal but they don't deserve him

Edited by griff

Shame about the dog Griff.  Can you get the RSPCA involved, say it's clearly been neglected and if the dog warden can't see that they are in the wrong job?

I don't see how your dad can expect a man of 50 to have no previous romances..I could understand it if he had a name for knocking women about or something.  

I give up on the Police.  A woman in Derbyshire and her new partner have just been stabbed to death by her estranged husband and the Derbyshire Police have had several contacts with her, no doubt telling her that there's nothing they can do until he does something.  Well, he's done something all right and left their three children without either parent, as he'll be going to jail, and the other man's two children without a father.

Suzeanna, you would have though the police would have learned by now to take domestic violence seriously.  Such an unspeakable tragedy.

Griff, I would keep on to this one and see that the DW does something. If no result, try to get the RSPCA to act. I know it can be like getting blood out of a stone but if you persist and they have a halfway decent officer, you may get a result. 

If it had been our local pound, dog's nails would have been sorted before he was returned. 

I am officially an idiot. I dressed in smart clothes this morning as trotted off to our village church for a funeral. Not anyone I knew except by sight, but a volunteer at the reserve who died from throat cancer, only in his 40s. I mainly decided to go to support friends from the team who knew him well and are grieving. Got to church, all locked up, no one there.  Texted my friend Neil thinking I had the wrong church, but it turns out that I had right church and time but wrong date. It is next Friday! Neil laughed muchly and said 2 out of 3 isn't bad. 

So I came home and did a bit more decluttering, which always means I find at least one thing I thought was lost forever.

• Haha 1

After the Falklands War there was a Victory Parade in London. I went down with my pal Gary and another friend. We got ourselves a great viewpoint close to the Bank Of England. All the crowd barriers were up and lots of busy people and officials scurrying around.

Gary stopped a passing policeman and asked him what time the parade started. The officer replied "12.00 noon but you'll have a long wait". We asked why feeling puzzled as it wasn't far off 12.00. The officer then told us "12 noon TOMORROW." Doh!  Did we feel stupid 😂😂  So Owl you are in good company!

• Haha 2

Suzeanna, Steve was with me and basically just dumped me out of nowhere, turns out he was then with that ugly polish b*tch. When she had used and abused him and left him crying, I got him back on his feet and put his life in order....if I can forgive him.... although I will never forget, don't see why my dad's so fussed

I have a funny feeling about the dog..I suspect he is one of my vets clients, I said today at the vets that the dog warden had given him back..the receptionist said she had found out that he is seeing a vet for his skin, I said well, the vet wants to be had a word with as his treatment obviously isn't working, she then said well, he hasn't seen the vet as often as he should!

The dog warden called me back.. quite snotty, I asked what was going to happen to the owner as the dogs neglected...she said legally as long they pay the dog warden fine she has to give the dog back, she said again the dog is seeing a vet and I said to her that the care wasn't adequate and as I myself have dealt with skin complaints in dogs, I know the dog doesn't get in that state in a short space of time, I said it was his ingrown dew claws, his conjunctivitis, the lump on his paw and his overgrown back claws too that was an issue, she said they can contact the RSPCA with a view to a follow up in a few weeks and I said I would appreciate it and I had photos myself that I would send to the RSPCA, she said to tell them the dog warden has the owners details and hopefully they will request the information.... I came to the conclusion that they just don't care and couldn't be arsed!

Edited by griff

im afraid for many years, the victim has the least rights. ive learnt the hard way

laptop part 2. this one is new and uncharged. its on the side charging up. Things are in a different place. think its a different type of laptop, so this will be fun

brain is fryed. sooo tired. heating is going on

Griff if you are doing a triple approach with vet, DW and RSPCA you may well succeed in getting something done. Dog wardens vary a lot in my experience. Some do all they can for dogs, others do just what they are required to do by law. 

Yantan, at least I didn't travel very far to the church. Maybe half a mile down the road.

• Like 1

the rescue I got bindi from, that I got all the dog food for, has just put pictures up of all of it, thanking me. how did it all fit in my bedroom and hall? (she did give me the money for it) (rosog equine and dashing hounds rescue)

Trouble started already. Out in street in dressing gown, trying to slow traffic as a small dog was running scared and lost. We tried to head it into a garden but no chance. I posted on village forum and hope an owner will come forward. I was having a lazy morning and just about to get in shower when I saw it from window. Usually I am decently dressed long before this time. May now get reputation for being drunk, demented. drugged up or possibly all three. I was there slowing down traffic. At least I caught the drivers' attention until it got off the main road.

• Haha 3