UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

I hope its not coronavirus Owl! I see there are now 2 people in the UK that have it so it's here. I hope you feel better soon.

Tye isn't so well. He has a sore throat. The vet saw him on Wednesday and kennel cough and other nasties have been ruled out. He doesn't want to eat but I hand fed him this morning and got something into him so he could have a dose of loxicom.

Vet advised chicken & rice for a couple of days so I cooked 3 chicken breasts and left them, wrapped in foil, to cool right at the back of the kitchen counter. I saw my neighbour out who had come round to sit with Tye whilst I went for my hair cut.

I came back in to find Tye had managed to reach the chicken and had eaten the lot. He wasn't one bit sorry. In fact he was quite proud of himself! 

However since then his appetite has waned and he's eaten very little since, bless him.

• Haha 1

Sorry Yantan, but I had to smile at the vision of poor sick Tye nicking the chicken! It obviously tasted better when he wasn't meant to have it, in his mind.  I hope he soon perks up.

Owl, I do hope you aren't incubating this blasted cough, if you start with a sticky sort of throat and little irritating cough you may well be.  Plenty of fluids and keep warm.  It's in the fourth week now for me and I still don't feel right.

Sorry to say, another founder member of the mets cancer group I belong to is on her way out, it's gone to her brain and she can't see or respond to her family.  So sad and it makes me worry every time I have a headache! One thing this wretched bug has done is take my mind off the fact I see the oncologist next Friday for the result of the last scan. 

Suzeanna, that is so sad. I wish her a gentle  and swift departure.

No Yantan, I am unlikely to have the corona virus. I have had an irritating cough on and off all winter so probably a low level virus of some kind. Will just keep warm and do as little as possible.  Plus usual herbal and homeo remedies.

I know they measure for enzymes in the liver. Elevated levels can be sign that something isn't quiet right but they do elevate on occasion only to fall back to normal. My enzyme level was, at one time, very elevated and my GP wanted to admit me to hospital but I refused. She tested my again the following week and the level was normal!