UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

Quite possible, Owl.  I had banked up several pillows and I was lying on that side.  It does seem to have gone down a bit, isn't it cold tea that's meant to reduce puffiness?

Candy didn't know where to look this morning, not one, not two but three squirrels in the garden! Of course they all scattered in different directions, so she missed them all.  The one sitting in the cherry tree looking down at her was probably having a squirrely snigger to itself.

• Haha 1

I love my Tye. His personality is coming out more and more as he settles. He loves Baroque music. 

Ruby has had to take her car to the Audi dealer in Carlisle for a service. She is parting ways with it in a few weeks time so she is taking the opportunity to look for a new car whilst she's there. She's not getting another company car but taking the allowance instead. That way the car will be hers when she retires in 2 years time. 

Oops I meant to say to Suzeanna yes I think tea helps but also cucumber. 

Edited by Yantan
Forgot something.
  • Like 1

Eye looks ok now but....I still have a cough, sadly and due to the ab's I now have dire rear.  Great combination, don't you think? Especially as the loo is upstairs and my legs haven't improved any.

We're having a new stair carpet fitted, well stairs and upper hallway, they rang earlier to say carpet is in do we want it fitted tomorrow? Erm, no! we have to take the old one up and as neither of us are what  you might call 100% fit (not that I ever am!) we'll never get it done this evening.  Coming on Monday.

Edited by suzeanna

I suggest a cork Suzeanna!! Or camping upstairs... whichever takes your fancy lol

You remember the guy who was watching me before in the car? Hadn't seen him for ages, was coming back today and guess who was parked up round the corner?? Yep! He's back...if I catch him near my house I will message the police again and ask that they log it...at the moment as he isn't near the house I don't feel I can do anything

sorry my brain is mush. is he to do with next door?

man took all day to do the electrics. doors open most of the time, me up and down. my back is killing me and stiff. shoulder isn't happy, well, the whole bloody body. just swallowed a few painkillers.

sensor on the new light keeps going off if someone walks past the other side of my fence. ill get lewis to put some tape on that half of the sensor. im not daft enough to stand on a chair, not anymore ...

Yes Jazz, he is to do with next door.

Suzeanna, Marion said the same, I have noted it down in the book and when I go to see my friends I won't go directly there...I will go the long way or take a detour..I wouldn't want anyone else getting dragged into it

Funny how he appears when you start having problems with the scaffolders, Griff. Did you get his registration number?

Shouldn't laugh re the cork Suzeanna, but sorry I did lol. Hope it clears up soon. It's cold teabags or cucumber for the puffy eye if it reappears tomorrow morning. Or even a teaspoon that's been in the freezer for a bit if you don't have those.

Hope the painkillers have kicked in now Jazz.

Did Ruby have any luck car hunting Yantan? What does Tye do when the Baroque music comes on? Have visions of him tapping his paws to the Brandenberg concerto lol

Yes Eve we have the reg from before

I am a philistine...I have no clue what baroque music is...I shall go and educate myself

I am sure I saw something on the TV the other day about some glass water filled things for puffy eyes, bloody expensive for what they were too...I much prefer Eve's teaspoon idea.

Does Ruby want another Audi or is she fancying something else?? I hate car shopping with a passion lol

Most dogs seem to like Baroque music.  I am gradually persuading Wispa that a bit of cool jazz is OK.  The pulis loved opera and I used to play it for them even though I don't care for it.  All of mine have objected very loudly to punk, and Mojo launched an attack on the radio when it started to play Anarchy in the UK. 

• Haha 3

Tye settles down when I put some baroque music on. He lies listening to it before it eventually sends him to sleep.

Ruby is definitely not getting another Audi. I hate that one she has and I will be driving the new car more. She's fancying a hybrid Toyota Corolla but if she does go for it she reckons she'll have to work another year to get the allowance to pay for it! She also liked a hybrid Citroen C3 she test drove. She went to a Volvo dealer as she is mightily interested in another but the salesmen ignored her so she walked out. In the end she was getting confused from having too much to chose from.

Owl our cats all loved opera but we like it too so didn't have to put up with it just for their sake. That was very sporting of you to that for the pulis.

Eve I must try & remember the teaspoon in the freezer trick!