UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

Well, I think it's good news but I don't know...they found nothing on my ultrasound so back to the drawing board then! I also picked up a copy of my blood results whilst I was there, I told them before Christmas not to worry as my blood results are usually off anyway, slight boo boo on my part! The ones that are wrong aren't the usual wrong ones lol, I am seeing the nurse Tuesday and as I have no consultant the Dr will have to fix it

Suzeanna...have you tried Vicks on the soles of your feet with socks on, it honestly did help me, a cough is horrible anyway but when it keeps you awake and you don't have great health.. debilitating.

Jazz, can't help with the games issue... sorry. Do you have a diabetic nurse who can help with a plan for your blood sugar?

Griff she's doolally. Next time I see her it's just as likely she will be accusing us of something. I just try to have as little to do with her as possible. 

Are you going to be a medical mystery? You might get written up in the BMJ! Can I have your autograph?

• Haha 1

Lol, well as a baby I had a tropical disease and  the drs were going to come up from the tropical diseases hospital in London....I had never been on holiday, they never figured out what was up with me then! I have had a student write a paper on me, she was lovely, her consultant was a d*ck...I just ignored him and spoke to her and gave her my details and said help yourself to my medical information.. anything I can do to help I will.

I find it funny that I have kind of looked after myself and I get all this weird stuff happen yet my brother.... absolutely fine! They will sort me out at some point

Ruby and I were just saying how life can be so unfair to good people. Someone she works with lost her best friend to cancer about 18 months ago. This friend's son & his wife had a baby 8 months ago, which brought them much joy after their loss. Now the baby's just died from a malignant brain tumour 😥

Then I have good friends whose daughter has twice had to have brain surgery due to an aneurysm. She's only in her 20's. The whole family are lovely, lovely people and real animal lovers and advocates. Dad was recently sent for a scan after getting headaches he thought was stress over his daughters latest surgery. It turns out he has an aneurysm too. In fact he's just found out today he has not one but two. He's now got to have surgery and there's no guarantee he'll come through it. The other daughter is going to have to be scanned too as its likely their condition is hereditary.

It is so not a fair world 😥

• Sad 2

It does seem very unfair, especially losing a baby. In a way, finding an aneurysm in time to deal with it is lucky, I know two people who literally dropped dead out of the blue due to having one which burst.  

I've heard about the Vick thing Griff, can't see why it would work but stranger things have happened.  I told Philip you said put Vick on the soles of my feet and he said oh, off to Norfolk are you? Blank for a minute, then realised we know a Vic who lives in Norfolk!  Just been talking to my son on the phone, he's got the same as me and had it for the same length of time.  Can bugs travel down phone wires, as I haven't seen him since the day after Boxing Day!

• Haha 1

Suzeanna, I have the same issue as you..no immune system and told to steer clear of bugs..I was a nightmare for the first month, hand sanitizer everywhere, I gave up! I now try and wear gloves on the bus and whilst out...I remove them at home and wash my hands, if I haven't got my gloves.....I channel my inner Steve, I keep a tissue in my pocket and use it for opening doors, when pushing the door open, go shoulder height if you can manage.... most people push on the bit directly in front.

Remind people you are immuno compromised, the number of people who just forget... happened to me Sunday, Roy sat next to me having been waylaid with flu and still not right...I got up and moved lol, I don't care if I offend people, I know an infection could kill me and I am more important than hurt feelings

Aw, I could laugh and cry at all your posts tonight. I know it's not a competition but I can't match any of them. So I'll just send love to all of you and hope you know I care about you all. Much heavy snoring coming to you from the mental munchkins xx

• Like 2

morning all

woke up with a headache and bad stomach. arnt I lucky? lol

I wonder if my sister died of an anurism? she was ill for half an hour. Mother always said her brain snapped

the dogs and I are cleaning out the freezer. think they have prawns for tea

That was a lovely post Eve. You are a lovely, kind, generous person.

Mr Tye has gone for a walk with Ruby whilst I wait in for our Sainsburys delivery.

She's going to the storage unit afterwards to put the xmas stuff back and bring George's steps back for Tye. He's struggling to get on my bed and is currently using my laundry basket full of clean clothes to step up! He also needs a helping hand to get into the car but I'm struggling to do that.

I know what you mean Griff, Philip says people come into work moaning and groaning about how ill they feel and he says keep away from me! He has explained that I have a compromised immune system and things that he can shake off won't be that easy for me.  I managed to sleep until 2.30 last night then woke up to hear next door's dog barking in the garden.  WOOF woof, WOOF woof,  WOOF woof, on and on and ruddy on for nearly an hour.  By the time she'd shut up I was totally awake and then I started coughing again.  

Eve, you count yourself lucky that you are the healthy one in the family, actually I think it can be harder to be the one the other's rely on.  You are doing a grand job!

• Like 1