UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

Oh heck Griff what a state of affairs. There's no sense in bringing any law in if it's not policed. Like the microchip requirement. Why the hell didn't they make it a requirement of every vets practice to automatically check all chips? I'll bet they would have found a few missing dogs that way.

Absolutely couldn't agree more, like the dog I picked up the other week, he was chipped, great...but to his breeder I see so many dogs on the dog warden page and they end up in rehoming centres because their chip is out of date and nobody comes looking... really upsetting

• Like 1

So many people round here walk their dogs off lead in the street. Makes me shudder, though maybe some of it is jealousy as I've never had a dog calm enough or well trained enough to even contemplate it 😂

Great news re the van Owl. My car is in for its MOT tomorrow so hoping for no work required. Our mechanic is similar though and I trust him not to say any unnecessary work is needed.

Looks like Flybe have been bailed out Yantan, so fingers crossed your flights are safe. And yay for decluttering and getting the house ready to go on sale.

Eve we saw on the news that Flybe have been rescued so now we just hope they are still going in May!

I hope your car goes thro its MOT tomorrow.

I'm getting worried now about where Tye will be going whilst we are away. We told the rescue before agreeing to foster him that we would be away on holiday and they said they would arrange a holiday foster for him but what if no one can do it? Archie's dog walker gave up home boarding after she had started a family so she's not an option. Such a shame as Archie used to love his holidays with her.

I'm taking Tye up to the doggy hotel tomorrow for an off-lead session in their paddock. I really don't want him going into kennels but I'm going to scope it out just in case. 

• Like 1

When are you going Yantan and for how long? Just wondering if I could figure something out with my 2 and doggy sit. What about asking your dog walker for a recommendation....or, ask at the vets... sometimes nurses help out, bet he could go and chill in the office during the day  xx

Yantan, are there any other home boarders or dog sitters who'll stay at yours with Tye in your area? You've got a fair few months to find out and get to know them, if so. Our dog walker who was also our home boarder had to give up when he split up with his partner and we were devastated. But we found a lovely girl through a local Facebook group who will stay at ours if we have to go away over night, or come in and give them their dinner and sit with them for a few hours if we're out for the day. I know you hate Facebook but is there any other community forum you use or could join that could put you in touch with a suitable person?

Posted at same time as Griff - great idea to ask at your vets if they know of anyone.

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

Got myself up and dressed incase of workmen... don't want to have to get out of bed in the much of a hurry for quite a while lol.

Managed to get the deck panel out the back, the man's coming after 10 to clear my garden rubble for me and I have checked he has a waste carriers licence after what I read yesterday, a lady advertised a sofa for free and some people came and picked it up, she went out in her car later and found it dumped 2 streets away!! She was obviously concerned about being done for fly tipping but luckily has all the messages. Who in their right mind would take a decent sofa that someone else may actually genuinely need and then just dump it?? I am finding people more and more strange!

At least you know now Jazz. 

It's very cold here. I got chilled when I took Tye to the doggy hotel for his off-lead run in their paddock and haven't felt properly warm since. 

I'm not a 100% sure how they will get our old fridge freezer out and the new one in. When the old was delivered originally I seem to remember it only just squeezing in through the back door. It was when we had the new kitchen/bathroom extension done and the door didn't yet have it's frame fitted, never mind have a door on! 

Freezing here too Yantan, dry but bitterly cold. Hope you manage to swap freezers ok.

I do understand Jazz. I may not be ill myself but have had various family members that have had varying degrees of illness who I just wanted diagnosed, treated and made more comfortable. My sister has liver and heart problems which will never be cured, plus ongoing mental health issues, and I just want her conditions managed. Richard has degenerative disc problems in his back and will never walk normally or be pain free again but, again, we just want to manage his condition as best we (and the doctors) can. I won't go through my whole family but everyone but me has some health problem - dunno why not me as I am the one who drinks/smokes/has a rubbish diet - and I care and worry about everyone of them. I'm so glad you got a diagnosis though and hopefully some treatment that will help.

• Like 1