UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

I pay £15 for a cut and blow dry. Bargain.

Alex you gave it a good go with Lily and I am sure you didn't make the decision to re-home her lightly. We now have Tye on permanent foster. He's a 12 year old Staffie x

What a day it is here weather wise. It's blowing a hooley.

Nice one Owl with regards to the flowering plant.

Eve I hope your dog sitter is available if it comes to it. 

Has anyone heard from Blackmagic? I was just wondering how she's going on.

Marion is Tye dog friendly? I'm looking to take Jac on various adventures over the spring/summer and we've not been to the Lake District yet 😏

We're going to South Wales in June to visit rellies and my aunt loves dogs so he's coming with. Looking forward to taking him to Mumbles for a nice swim in the 'wide open' sea. We've been to West Kirby a couple of times and it's nice but it's very different to the beaches of South and West Wales (although I may be biased).

Had a lovely walk this morning then went to The Range and bought more new toys for Jac. He is totally spoilt 🙄

Yantan, I messaged her a while ago, and recently got something back.  Not brilliant, since she lost her husband lots of things have gone wrong round the house and garage, fortunately her sons were there at Christmas and managed to sort most of it. She said she feels worse now than when it first happened, which I suppose is understandable as there must be so much to organise directly after a death. She would like to move to Edinburgh to be nearer her son and family, but she's costing things out at the moment.

Blowing hard here and just started to rain, Philip has mistimed his walk with Candy! She'll go for a walk no matter what but he doesn't much like getting soaked.

Alex, if you ever plan on visiting the Peak District we are pretty close and Candy is dog friendly so long as they don't jump all over her.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Thanks for the up-date Suzeanna. If you are in touch with her again please let her know I was asking after her.

Alex we've only had Tye for 5 weeks and we've been told he doesn't care for other dogs in his home (just like Archie!) So far Tye hasn't had a lot of interaction with other dogs other than to brief on-lead greetings. He does seem to like Holly dog from next door but they only meet through the fence. The rescue he came from doesn't want him going off-lead in other than a secure area as they've had their fingers burned in the past leading to a lot of heartache. So taking all that into account, plus Tye's age, we wouldn't be able to do a walk like we did when you were here with Steph but we could do a short one followed by a visit to a dog friendly pub or café if that appeals to you at all? 

• Like 1

Suzeanna, please send blackmagic my best too, it's hard to lose someone but then when life conspires against you and makes things worse by household things going wrong...cruel!!

We too have rain now, I popped into town to get some more hair dye lol

Thanks Marion, might do that but I have to do some work with Jac first as he's a bit scared of people so a pub isn't the ideal environment 🙄 but I am working to get him more used to them and he'll probably be ok as long as we can sit outside. 

suzeanna that would be great, hopefully we'll get some sunny weather and we can get something arranged. 

There's a six month old Newfoundland who was following Jac about on our walk this afternoon. She loves him but he tends to ignore her. Doesn't stop her though and she is thoroughly adorable 🥰

Just had a chat with the lady at Dogs Trust and Lily's met her new owners today, who've been on the waiting list for a pup since November. She'll be the only dog so will be the centre of attention. Shes currently sharing a kennel with a 10 month old German Shepherd and apparently they've been curling up together 🥰

• Like 3

Been raining here all day, bit wild and windy too. Not much dog walking done with the wimps. Had a bit of a lazy day really.

Richard's mum was better this morning after her 'episode' so he hasn't had to go rushing down south fortunately.

Hope everyone has a lovely peaceful evening.

• Like 1