UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

I'll tell Philip that Yantan, he might rope you in for my funeral! I took a course in Reiki, then became a Reiki master online..it's marvellous isn't it? 

Won the battle with the bulb yet, Griff? by the way, did you ever tell your mum your brother didn't want to help your dad if he needed it? If so, I'm amazed that she still seems to think the sun shines out of his every orifice!

• Haha 1

Lol... Yantan, I blame Steve, he is nearly 51 and acts like a 2 year old...to be fair it is awesome though isn't it😂😂

Wow, congratulations on your ordination anniversary....I can threaten Steve with a blessing 😂😂 well it is a leap year!!

Suzeanna, yes I told both mum and dad...she knows exactly what he is like, when he had bought his first flat, after about 6 months he asked mum for either 20or 30 grand....she said where on earth would she get that money from and what on earth did he want it for? He said could they not give it him from his "inheritance" and take a mortgage!! He wanted to reduce his own mortgage...mum just said what made him think he was getting an inheritance! She told my dad who laughed and said he must have been joking...mum said he was deathly serious. It's hard to see someone you have been bought up with be turned into a selfish person but that's the circles he mixes in

Sad, Griff but you can't make someone be what you want them to be if they're not.

Had a breakthrough moment with Little Mo, our hamster.  Usually if I pick him up he stays quiet for a moment then starts wriggling and muttering but last night, after being bribed with his favourite chocolate drops, I carried him over to the sofa and he sat quietly against my chest then went for an exploration.  He did try to go down my neck so Philip just held his hands in front of Mo and Mo climbed on quite happily! I bet next time I try he'll be back to his usual grumpy little self, but it was nice to have him so friendly.  Luckily Candy was fast asleep, don't think he'd have been so calm with her trying to wash him and yes, she would..she loved Max, our previous hamster.  Rosie would have eaten him. So much for gentle cavvies and sporting cockers!

• Like 2

I got to the funeral at right time, day and place. Very good send off for a fellow volunteer at Muddy Fork and Idle Valley. Lots of people attending.  I thought the burial would be in the new cemetery but it was the older one at the end of my garden and he is buried just over the fence from my place. So I told the team I would always make sure there was a pot of flowering plants on the grave.

• Like 3

Pleased you managed to get to the funeral and I am sure his family will appreciate the plants

Hope you sort the Mobile out jazz, Steve's due an upgrade soon...next couple of months...well his contract finishes, he said I can have his old one...Samsung galaxy 9+ or something but then he went to see his sister and she said she wanted it so good job I am pleased with mine!

Haircut and dyed, only cost me £16 in total... £15 for the cut and £1 for a box of dye and I am thrilled as the dye is vegan, I bought 5 boxes and will go buy some more tomorrow as it turned out o.k...well it's not annoying me

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good Christmas 😊

Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, our home wasn't suitable for Lily, so she's being rehomed through a reputable rescue. One of their staff runs a collie group so Lil may be rehomed through them, which would be ideal for her as she'd love to do agility or flyball. Not an easy decision but I'm certain it's the right one for Jac and Lil.

Jac appears to prefer older dogs as his new Bessie is a 13 year old collie cross called Bruno 🥰

• Like 3

Everything crossed Lily gets a great new home. You did the right thing if it wasn't working out for all of you.

Bargain on the haircut Griff. I thought mine was cheap at £26 but that was comparing it to London prices lol.

How's it going with the new mobile Jazz?

Glad the funeral went well Owl and how lovely you can keep an eye on the grave.

Richard's mum is having a bit of a turn. She's in a nursing home in Loughton - near you Jazz? - and is 93 so he's on standby for a dash down there if she gets worse. She's Jewish so if she dies the funeral will be in 48 hours after that and I can only hope our dog sitter can stay at short notice otherwise I won't be able to go. She's such a lovely lady and been so good to me that I'd hate not to be able to get there for it.

• Sad 1

Ohhhhhh Eve, if I had been close I would have doggy sat. I do hope Richards mum will be o.k. I wonder does your dog sitter have a trustworthy friend? Might be worth asking

It was a dry cut but my hairdresser charged me 18 the last few times I went and I don't ever have it washed, in a year it went from £13 to £18

A dry trim costs me £10.50. Last of the big spenders 🤭

Jac woke me at 12.45 cos he wanted to go out for a wee, which is fair enough, but he didn't have to do it by play bouncing on top of me 🙄

Just to clarify I haven't got another dog. Bruno is a dog we see out and about that Jac plays with. 

It feels really quiet with just me n Jac. Its lovely to have that one on one time cos I haven't had just one dog for nearly 18 years, but Jac is the most laid back collie I've ever had so I find myself waking him up to play with me lol.

I thought he'd howl being left on his own while I'm at work but I've been watching him on the smart cam and he just curls up by the door waiting for me to come home 🥰

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2