UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

Jazz, your supply for the shed comes from the hall and the hall socket has been condemned? Why are you paying for an electrician to repair a housing association/ council properties electrics...that's not your responsibility and bang out of order. You need to tell your housing provider that you need it repaired asap so you can get your fall alarm reinstated

That is out of order Jazz. Why are you having to find an electrician?

Well done to your sister Owl. Mine would qualify for bird brain of Britain lol. And that's not being cruel or nasty, she'd be the first to say it. All down to her meds.

• Haha 1

Just briefly had a conversation about my brother...very brief! I basically said I have nothing to do with the guy anymore, to which my mum said he will be coming for Christmas... and I was told she doesn't want a repeat of this year, I said it's fine I want nothing to do with him so I will get a hotel..she said I had better let her know what hotel??? Just said it's fine, I will pay for it myself and take Dakota with me...she is the more excitable one and leave Deagan with them.... hopefully I will have found somewhere to live by then

you don't need the hastle xx

my builder, who has done up our places for 30 years, put up the shed for my scooters, with electric points and a light. the housing ass sent a man to check it, every 5 years. He saw that the electrics have been done with the wrong wiring and fittings, could have set on fire any time, including my bedroom where hes taken it from. I didn't realise he put in the hall point too, from the same plug. ill ring them today anyway and see if they can help as the ones ive found haven't got back to me

It needs sorting quickly Jazz, that sounds a potentially fatal situation!

Griff, have you and your brother always been at odds, or is it just since you've been adults and if so what sparked it off? You'd think that with your health he'd be for you, not against you.

I wrote my son a letter pointing out the frank impossibility of him coming to live up here.  He's a welder and thinks he could easily get a job in Sheffield...two points.  He's in his early fifties now which may well count against him, and secondly most factories have an early start, how on earth would he expect Aidan at the age of just 11 to get himself ready for school and get there? That's even if he could get him into a school, which all seem over subscribed.  He hasn't said a thing back apart from thanks for the advice, so now I don't know what's going on! I'm getting really stressed about it, which I'm meant to avoid.  Thank god there's plenty of alcohol in the house! (That's something I'm meant to avoid too, but I can't avoid everything.) De Kuyper cherry brandy is lovely by the way! Tequila Rose liqueur is too, anyone seen my willpower?

Edited by suzeanna
edited for spelling errors.
  • Like 1

Jazz, if it's a fire risk they should move quite quickly... your builder isn't an electrician then he shouldn't have touched the electrics and if he is....well, he should come and put the work right for free

Suzeanna, I guess maybe your son has realised you made some valid points and his plans have fallen apart...he will most likely be trying to figure out what the heck he is going to do...must be a worrying time for all of you. As for the drinking...well I can't comment lol, so long as your blood results are o.k and you aren't becoming reliant on it, a bit of what you fancy does you good

Hmmmm me and my brother, never really got on....we have always been very very different, he has always thought he was meant for better things! I can remember he had an accident in his car and I did all the work for him....saved him hundreds and hundreds, he didn't even buy me a packet of fags..a chocolate bar...nothing!! I really lost interest in him a few years back, my dad is quite badly anaemic...they had him to the hospital and there was a thought he could have leukemia...so me being me and proactive called my brother and said that dad would never ask us to donate but if we both said yes before he went then he could say he had 2 people ready to be tested.... Andrew said he would have to think about it!! I thought he was joking but nope, deadly serious...I said but it's your dad!!! He said he would need to think very hard about it!

Jazz, that is dreadful. I hope it can be sorted asap.

I don't think anyone can rely on easily getting a job anywhere these days, Suzeanna.  

Griff, spending next Christmas away sounds really sensible.  Even if you haven't got your own place by next Christmas, you have enough time to find dog-friendly options.  

I mean this in the nicest possible way Griff but you are 40 going on 14! 😂

I had quite forgotten about this until I got an email this morning reminding me that it's 4 years since I became an ordained minister. Not bad for a life long atheist! It's really quite ridiculous isn't it that you can be ordained in about 3 minutes flat on the internet.

P.S  I'm available for christening, weddings and funerals.