UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 2020

Jazz

Haven't got needles in my car Griff but Richard has been using my car a lot lately and just chucks his rubbish in the back seat, mouldy sandwich crusts and god knows what else are breeding in there. His Z4 however is in pristine condition 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The dr prodded my various lumps and decided the best course of action was to refer me to ENT.  Oh good, a department at the hospital I haven't actually visited, it will make a nice change.  I did make him laugh, I said this lump is growing..have you ever seen the film Alien? I half expect something to burst out of it and go scuttling across the floor!  

Poor Philip took nearly an hour to get home from Barlbrough, a journey which should have been 20 minutes at the outside, more problems on the M1 so he took an alternative route and found the world and his wife had done the same.  Hopefully it won't be the same tomorrow.

• Haha 1

I refused point blank to touch the UN vehicles from Kosovo for that exact reason, there was so much mud it was awful and given the fact it was a warzone I decided I didn't like the idea that there could be mud and blood mixed and that would fall on me...yack!!

Edited by griff

Oooft who on earth were you working for Griff?

Hope ENT can identify your aliens Suzeanna. Sounded like there were holdups the length of the country today, not just the M1. So pleased I wasn't travelling anywhere.

Was wet and very windy here for most of the day. Got Cooper and Nick out before it started but not Honey - she refused point blank to get her sensitive ears wet lol. Meant to be much the same tomorrow so hoping the dog walker doesn't cancel.

A land rover dealership, my boss went over to quote for the work to the vehicles, they were bought back over and dropped off to us, only problem being Bill...the boss hadn't catalogued each vehicle so the UN vehicles he saw and quoted for turned up with bits missing left right and centre...where they had bumpers in Kosovo, they arriv d at our garage with none!! We couldn't get the plug leads we needed with the metal protective braid...had to make them, it was interesting finding ways around things but the best bit?? Road test!! You can't open the windows, they are like a half inch thick sealed armoured glass so the only way we could safely get out and back in one piece was by having someone standing up out the turret....it was like something out of Kelly's heroes lol my mate dicky had round welding goggles and he put those on, his cap on backwards and kept doing impressions of Donald Sutherland....one of my best times at work, we were going round and island and we had had to hook the trade plates on as best we could, one fell of as we were going round the island and we had to fly around the island and back before anyone else picked it up....considering they are armoured, they can't half shift. It was also my first experience of sand filled wheels, I was only 8 stone but used to manage lifting the 20inch range rover wheels on my own, those things...took 2 of us to lift and one to put the nuts on.

My old foreman Phil asked if he could take some photos of me sat on one of the vehicles and he sent it off to a land rover magazine, never managed to get a copy but we all had our picture took together sat on top of the vehicle....was a really happy time for me

I also spent a Saturday morning trying to dig a bullet out of the side of my car as a souvenir but it was really really stuck.

The lumps are on the side of my neck, Jazz and along the collar bone.  I made a big mistake..Googled the symptoms he asked if I had, along with the swelling, and up popped Hodgkin Lymphoma,  which is what the bloke over the road died from.  Of course then I couldn't sleep, went to bed at 10.15 and I was still awake at 2.30!

That all sounds very exciting Griff, bet you miss those days.

ahhh got you x

ive just googled fibro. they have told me ive got it. yep. every symptom. at least I know why my emotions are all over the place

as they have already checked the lumps, they will be ok. dont google lol

Edited by Jazz

If it helps Suzeanna Steve has had hogkins twice and is still here, the not knowing is the worst bit for me, once it is identified I am all good with that. Got my next ultrasound on the 16th and I just hope something shows up

I do miss my work Days...my life was very good back then, I wasn't well paid but I was well and doing what I wanted to...mind you if things hadn't gone wrong I would never have met Steve so I can't complain too much

im hoping the mri has shown whats wrong with my neck. most people hope they find nothing, but something they can treat

I had a horrible life when I was well, so having to run and live in a safe house meant I didn't have to work any more and have that pressure, but that means no outside life. swings and roundabouts isn't it?

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Very interesting Griff to read a bit about your work experiences. 

Glad the Owl mobile passed the MOT 👍

The weather was atrocious for our walk this morning but we had an exciting time as Tye went off-lead for the first time! He was such a good boy. At 12 he's not interested in running about and just enjoyed a bimble, always making sure that I was not far away.

• Like 1

I have had to go right back to recall training with high value treats. Wispa has done so well on golden paste and Yumove that she is galloping about like a naughty pup and finding it amusing to ignore the whistle.

I think I would very much miss my working life if I wasn't a volunteer warden.  It's illogical but I feel I am not myself if I don't have some specific work to do and a work team to belong to.  

• Like 1

I envy you the ability to do it, Owl.  I used to do pottery and decorated eggs etc, but the arthritis in my fingers put paid to that.  Like to walk in places like the Longshaw Estate, Surprise View etc..blasted whatever is wrong with my legs put paid to that too! We've lived in this house for 16 years and although I chat to people in the street (mainly other dog walkers) never once been invited round for coffee or anything so here I am...me and Candy and Little Mo (not that he's a lot of company) all alloooone till Philip comes back home from work.  Woe is me!  well, not really.  To be honest, I'm firmly in the "the more I see of people, the more I love my dog" camp! Bunch of hypocrites round here, they are all smiles to each other but on their own they badmouth them.  Not the sort of friends you really need!

• Like 2

That was fascinating Griff, thanks for sharing. I don't miss work as such but I do miss some of my old colleagues and being part of things. I've applied to volunteer at a wild animal rescue locally but not heard anything back yet.

Lovely to hear about Tye enjoying his new life. He sounds such a lovely old boy.