UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

I'd be frightened I'd stand on her! She looks a little darling though.

Yes we passed the home check 100%. The rescue, who operate a nationwide network of fosterers and are used to doing transport runs between them, are going to try and pull a transport together to get Tye here sooner rather than later. If they can't manage we can go to collect him on Friday. His current fosterer is going into hospital to have  unexpected surgery and won't be able to care for him when she comes home. She cried when the rescue told her they had found him a really good home in the Lake District with walks from the door. She's sending his duvet with him. 

The rescue have a behaviourist and we can phone her any time if something crops up that we need help with. They are also going to sort him holiday accommodation when we are away on our big trip next May. After that any holidays we both take will be in this country and Tye will come with us. 

We might be a little bit excited!

Another really cold night here. I thought it had snowed overnight when I saw everything was so white when I got up but no, it was just a heavy frost.

It's Balto and Co Jazz. I had never heard of them but another rescue I know and trust do know them and have said Balto are fab, always put the dogs first and are very reliable.

Eve and Griff (and anyone else who has had a Staffie) are there any typical Staffie traits I need to be aware of, do you have a food you recommend and any other tips you might have I would love to hear them. This is my first Staffie!  :wub:

I've just been round to Archie's auntie and uncle (friends of ours) to take Archie's thermafleece jacket round for their visiting grand-dog. It's so cold here and they don't think her coat will be warm enough so I said they can borrow the jacket for the time she is with them. I'd let her have it but it's Archie's and I can't bear to let it go permanently. It won't fit Tye although I am hoping George's coat does in case Tye hasn't got one.

Owl I hope the Husky run goes well and you get there and back safely.

Hahahaha staffy traits! Well, anything you have is theirs, their Butt's are foul lol, most don't like the rain, they do feel the cold, if they can't go round something they will happily barge their way through it, but they give the most fabulous kisses... just watch their head as that is full on solid ( but with the being an older chap hopefully he will be more sedate). I absolutely adore staffys, always had one or a mix

• Like 1

There are a lot of staffies around here...they all seem very friendly with people and about 40 percent of them seem ok near other dogs.  The other 60 are hastily removed as far as possible, so presumably aren't! From ones I handled at ringcraft, very strong so you'd better get your arm muscles in training with the Shark! Mind you, Candy nearly pulls my arm out at times and she's a small cocker.

• Like 1

What Griff said lol. They are also very stubborn, especially if they don't want to do something, and they never quite stop being a clown, however old they get. I'm so pleased for you Yantan, and so pleased for Tye too. That old gent has really landed on his paws, bless him. Not sure what to recommend re food. Mine are all on Harringtons as it's the only one all 3 of them like. I also add some mashed up sardines occasionally if their skin is a bit dry. I'd think the rescue would give you some of the food he's been having or at least tell you what food they were giving him so you can wean him off gradually if you want to change it.

Good luck with the transport run Owl.

Your new little one is very cute Jazz. What's her name?

• Like 1

Thank you girls. Much appreciated! Archie was part American Staffy but I think the BC and Whippet in him overcame the A.S traits :laughingsmiley:

The lady from the rescue would be very happy if we changed Tye's food as his current fosterer is giving him Pedigree Chum and, like me,  she doesn't consider it very good. I can get a couple of tins in to start him off with whilst I wean him off it. I was thinking Edgard Cooper Senior (wet food) for him as Archie loved it until he had to come off it because of the acid reflux problem. He ended up on Winalot wet food, which I never thought I would feed to a dog, but it was the lowest fat content of all the wet foods and Archie liked it. It did help.

I also thought Nature's Menu which has it's own mixer to go with the wet food. I shall look into Harringtons. Sardine's will go into stock. 

I've just ordered him a decoration for the Xmas tree with his name on and underneath it says "believes in Santa Paws".

Poo bags, a new cover for George's big squashy bed & healthy treats have been ordered and I am about to order him a food stand as we threw Archie's out as it the powder coating was flaking off it. 

Here's a photo of him. Sorry I can't make it bigger for some reason - oh it came out OK so ignore that!

Tye.jpg

Edited by Yantan
I was wrong!
  • Like 2

Sitting in car park waiting for next driver who has been stuck in traffic. Husky asleep in crate. Total sweetie but thin as a rake. Had good luck with traffic on my section of M1. Just have to pootle home once I have handed him over.

Hope you aren't kept waiting too long Owl, at least it won't be icy for your return journey.  

He looks thoughtful, Yantan. makes you wonder what does go through their minds.  The other night Candy was sleeping and then gave the most heart rending howl, it just went on and on.  Hasty petting from us and she woke and wagged her tail, then went back to sleep but it does make you think, what memories were in her dreams? Not happy ones, obviously.  Hopefully Tye won't take too long to appreciate his new loving home and owners, and his past trauma will fade.  

Very dinky little thing, Jazz.  There's a tiny one around here, who obviously has delusions of being a rottie….she'll have a growl and bark at any dog, no matter the size. 

Tye is gorgeous Yantan, such soulful eyes. Same coloring as my Cooper apart from the white on his face. How old is he? He looks quite youthful for an oldie.

Glad the transport run went smoothly for you Owl. Hope the next transporter turns up soon.

• Like 1