UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

I'm very glad to read about Wispa's recovery. Our friends who have their grand-dogs staying are back at the vets today with the old one who has had some sort of sickness and dire rear bug. She is improving a bit but they want to get her checked over. 

Tye and I had a lovely, peaceful walk around the cemetery nearest to us this morning. That's one way to get away from tourists and stupid dog owners! He's still having on-lead walks only so it's ideal for us. We were going to say hello to my mum but couldn't find her grave! They have added a lot of new graves as well as overhauling the area she is in and it totally threw me. We did say how-do to my little cousin, Vicky, who tragically lost her life at just 6 years of age. Also my mum's mum who has a little marker in the cremation area. We said thank you to the boys lost in, or as a result of, the 1st and 2nd WW and have beautiful white headstones that the CWGC keep in tip top condition. 

I realised the reason why I never know anybody when I venture down the main street  anymore - they are in the cemetery! 

Anyway that will be our new years day walk I think. I love cemeteries and particularly the older headstones which often have fascinating details etched on them.

Our friends from Jersey were here earlier and they brought us a lovely gift basket of Jersey produce. Yum yum!  Ruby has gone into town to have lunch with them but, as we have yet to try taking Tye into a dog friendly café or pub, we thought it wise for him to stay home and has he has separation anxiety I have had to stay with him. Shame but never mind. 

I hope everyone and their pets are in good fettle?

mine are ok. worked how much to feed bindi. shes not greedy, leaves what she doesn't want. 

Lewis has been, so we are all happy. we are going out for breakfast with david tomorrow, with his son and wife, andddd lewis' girlfriend! yes, she does exist

I love cemeteries too Yantan and for some reason it's one of Nick's favourite walks so we go to the one near to us quite often. The oldest grave there is 1862 so I imagine the older ones are in churchyards. I love the social history of them and the saddest ones are the young children, some not even having names on their headstones. Shame you had to miss out on going to lunch with your friends but I'm sure Tye appreciated it.

Hope you're coping ok Griff.

scrap last message. head and chest is killing! lewis feels bad too, so he must have given it to me before it came out, so tomorrow is cancelled

amazon is due to deliver 2 small badges. do you think they will put it through the door, or the box will be huge and ill be playing pass the parcel on my own?

• Haha 1

My father is buried in the churchyard in Roos...the small village we used to live in near the Yorkshire coast.  Unfortunately my mother couldn't afford a headstone so there is nothing to mark his grave and I haven't the faintest idea where it is, apart from that it's at the front/side of the church, rather than round the back.  I find churchyards sad places when you see the people like the woman over the road from me, who goes every week to put flowers on her husband's grave and is then the picture of misery for days.  I don't see why she imagines John would be hanging around there, he certainly never did when he was alive, why go mourning over the remains of his body when his spirit is either in their house or on his allotment or has pushed off to somewhere entirely more interesting?

I had an xray of my right foot and calf the Saturday before xmas week, results show patchy osteopenia in my foot, but my tib and fib are ok.  How the heck can you have patchy anything? Trust me to be different! Got the joys of the CT scan to look forward to on Thursday.

Yantan, I was reading that the bloke who is head of the Lake District National Park is complaining that not enough diversity of the population visit... not enough BAME, disabled etc.  He wants tracks for 4x4's, tarmac for wheelchairs and that sort of thing.  Why can't these people just leave things as they are? 

Suzeanna Richard Leafe is universally disliked here. He has done nothing to protect our countryside or help locals with housing. The Friends Of The Lake District are just one of many organisations that are opposed to him and his lunatic ideas. He is doing more harm than good. Our town council recently returned a vote of no confidence in him. He seems hell bent on destroying the things that attract people here in the first place and he refuses to listen to critics and locals.