UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

I've been mulling this over Griff, and come to the conclusion that either you are deluded about your parents, or they have mental problems! Not long ago you were saying they are always there for you, they have given you lovely jewellery and now they behave like this?? Surely it can't all be because your brother is/ was in the house? 

Ah, I see, I understand completely.  I was not suggesting Steve lets you move in as it is clear that you need to find your own place, but was hoping that he understands that you have to distance yourself from family and not try to return to a bad situation. 

I do have a spare room but am quite a distance away I think, being in North Notts. Nevertheless, give me a shout if you are stuck. 

Binge watching Attenborough here, nice enough day but stayed home as Wispa is still not up to going anywhere though her tum is completely back to normal. 

• Like 1

Glad Steve is at least feeding you and giving you some company today. You've got 2 more nights in a hotel then I guess you've got some decisions to make. Please don't dismiss the offers of help you've had - they're genuine and we just want you safe.

Good to hear Wispa's tum is back to normal and hoping her energy levels follow suit.

Rained here most of the day so dog walks were very short, or non existent in Honey's case. Hopefully dry tomorrow and we can make up for it then.

• Like 1

It seems trite after Griff's problems to tell you that our power failed in the wee small hours. Anything plugged into sockets switched off although we did have overhead lights still working, thank goodness.

At 2.30 this morning I found myself up a step ladder trying to access our not very accessible fuse board. The 30w fuse kept tripping out. I gave up in the end & went & got a few hours sleep.

Our regular electrician is away in Yorkshire but was decent enough to call me back around 9am and talk me thro what to do. Long story short our big fridge freezer is goosed ☹

Of course the freezer was pretty full. I rang our local appliance chap on the off chance he was working - he was. If he has the right sort of item in stock he'll deliver it the same day, fit it and take the old one away. He's bloody brilliant.

Well he doesn't keep the big American fridge freezers in stock, as they are too expensive to keep a decent range of them but he can get us one. Great. We were happy with that but then he said he'd lend us something to save running around friends, family & neighbours with our frozen food. 45 minutes later he was here with an under-the-counter size freezer AND a fridge as he said it was no good trying to do without the fridge. The freezer is 2nd hand but it's a brand new fridge! He refused any sort of payment, even though we said we would happily pay to rent them, he refused petrol money, he refused money for his time. He'll get his office lady to send us some brochures when she returns to work in the new year and we'll definitely be ordering our new appliance from him. All our other major appliances are from him.

This is the sort of person who should be getting a gong in the new years honours. And he's like this with everyone. It's how he does business. He should give classes. 

• Like 3

It's not just my brother being there, it's my attitude apparently...yes I can be disrespectful but when people talk to me like I am stupid and try to tell me where I can go and who with...then no, sorry!

I love Steve to bits rightly or wrongly and I was made to choose from day one, today, that lad has made me laugh, fed me and offered to give me money when he has none himself. I actually told him a whole lot more than he ever knew.

I mentioned benefits the other night and my brother actually looked at me as a piece of crap and rolled his eyes!

Thanks for all your support, I will sort something out Monday, just hoping my dogs are p.k

Yantan...I fully agree, people like that chap, charity workers etc should be getting honours

Just on my way back to the hotel

• Like 2

Maybe you should put that chap forward for the awards at the end of 2020 Yantan, certainly more deserving of an honour than Nadiya Hussein...services to broadcasting and the culinary arts, for heaven's sake! 

You should try putting a request out for Crowd Funding Griff..if a no hoper with a heavy drug problem (if his neighbours are to be believed) and several kids can get loadsamoney for Christmas, surely you could! 

• Haha 1

ive posted the credit agreement for my new  mobile. its cheaper than this one, so think I can afford £9 amonth lol

the man lewis got this laptop off, is back working at his old firm, so ill ask him to see if he has another one. he refurbishes them. this has lasted 2 years before waving the white flag, so that will do me. ive had brand new ones last the same time. ill look on here as well. 

there are 3 old yorkies at different rescues, all called dotty lol

Dad's been in touch, asked if I needed my medication...I said no but thanks anyway, I asked how everyone was and he ignored me...then he got back to me and asked about Steve so I said guess he is o.k and I am not staying with him...he said for me to go home and he didn't mean for me to stay away...I don't know what to do?