UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

Hostel sounds like a good idea as a first step, then go to council and explain the situation, that you are being threatened with battering and have been physically thrown out of the family home. From what you have said, you do a lot at home with cooking meals etc and it sounds as if family don't appreciate this.  With any luck you may get council accommodation which allows dogs? 

Why do your family object to you being with Steve?  Are they over-protective or just plain selfish? As for your father saying he and your mum would get divorced, that is their concern and should not be dependent on what you do.

Sometimes people who don't have family think it is a blessing to have one at all.  It certainly is not, when the people in it are having such a bad effect on each other. 

Edited by owl

He clearly hasn't got any kind of handle on this one. If he hasn't seen the conflict in your family for himself he may find it hard to imagine how serious it is. 

I have had a chat with my sister (not mentioning your name but explaining the situation) because in her years as a minister she has had to organise help for various people in crisis. There should be an Emergency Housing Officer attached to your council who should be available outside normal office hours,  and because of your serious health problems combined with threat of violence you should qualify as a vulnerable adult. This would mean that the council are required to provide housing under an Act in 2014. Worth following up. 

• Like 4

Not that I know of as she is in Kent,  but she did say that If Griff can't get hold of the emergency housing officer it is worthwhile contacting the local Methodist minister as they usually have a good local network of useful contacts, and you don't need to be any kind of believer to ask them. 

• Like 2

Owl, he let Magdalena stay and she really did a number on him..this is my mess, not his so I will sort it out

He has given me dinner, checked I am o.k for money and being a good friend...I was going to leave about 3 and he has asked me to stay for dinner

45 minutes ago, owl said:

He clearly hasn't got any kind of handle on this one. If he hasn't seen the conflict in your family for himself he may find it hard to imagine how serious it is. 

I have had a chat with my sister (not mentioning your name but explaining the situation) because in her years as a minister she has had to organise help for various people in crisis. There should be an Emergency Housing Officer attached to your council who should be available outside normal office hours,  and because of your serious health problems combined with threat of violence you should qualify as a vulnerable adult. This would mean that the council are required to provide housing under an Act in 2014. Worth following up. 

Griff I'm sorry to hear you are such a difficult situation. In addition to Owl's wise words above, I can recommend your local Citizens Advice. You can probably find out their opening hours online (might be open on Monday if you are lucky) and they can help you access the council's housing process.

• Like 2