UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

Been horrific here all day. So bad the dog walker cancelled and he's a tough nut. Guess he knows his dogs though as he'd have been fishing Cooper out from under his van all the time he was out 😂 Tuesday morning seems to be the wimpy terriers group lol.

How's Kota Griff?

We're all glad you're still here too Suzeanna.

• Like 1

She's doing o.k thanks Eve, I am not too happy with the wound, it doesn't look great at the moment, if it doesn't settle right she will be in for a scar revision....and I won't be paying

It absolutely pelted down with rain here , I nipped up to Steve's to drop some vouchers that my mum bought him for Christmas and it was vile, I was stood at the bus stop in town and a bus driver soaked me from head to foot driving through a puddle!! It's not Steve's company but I have emailed and will call tomorrow...I have no immune system and it was drain water

hope you don't catch anything xxx

so, dog saga. man bringing my girl today broke down in Holyhead yesterday. breakdown man dropped them at the station to get a train to his mums in Coventry. my girl is well travelled! shes loving all of it, not phased at all. ahem, anyway. Don't know if its still on today or if its tomorrow. ill keep you updated

be safe out there xxx

Not sure whether you're brave or mad Jazz, bringing different dogs in close together with no idea whether or not they'll get on! I know they are only small, but when we had poms and papillons, which aren't exactly big, if there were fights they still could do quite a bit of damage.  I remember Kelly and Dotty, both paps, who had lived happily together until one day, for no apparent reason, Dots went for Kelly.  After that we couldn't even have them in the same room and if they saw each other through the French doors, they went ballistic! It was starting to upset the rest of them (yes, quite a few more!) so as Dots was last in as a rescue, we rehomed her and harmony was restored. 

They are gorgeous little dogs, but if the breeding is wrong they can be highly strung.  Where we used to live we had a public footpath behind our garden, which led across fields and through woods.  When it wasn't too muddy we used to take them all out, no leads needed and they always kept with us.  Revel, Tarka, Midge, Tilly, Bella and Dotty, all in a neat little line! I used to show Rev and Tilly and I could have done it without a lead, they were so good.  I got banned from doing the handling competitions at our local ringcraft club with Rev because we won so often, never had another dog quite like him.

• Like 1

Gorgeous little dogs Suzeanna  :wub:

I tried to foster Lucy the Trailie until Archie kicked off at her. We had to move her on, even though I had hoped to adopt her, but having two unhappy dogs (and one who couldn't have cared less - George) was not an option. Lucy ended up with a great owner who kept in touch with me so it all came out well in the end.

I hired an enclosed paddock at the local dog hotel (boarding kennels) for Tye to go off-lead this morning. He had some short runs but mostly enjoyed being able to wander around at will to sniff the sniff. After 30 minutes though he'd had enough and went and stood by the gate to let me know :laughingsmiley:

• Like 1