UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

Yes, I know, but I am fitting things in with the mechanic. MOT runs out on 11th Jan and my mechanic says if I bring it to him on 6th he will pop it round to his friend who does MOT.  So if there are any advisories etc they can have a proper discussion.  

• Like 1

Aw, he's lovely Jazz. Looks a right character. And feel free to tell us about the new rescue. I need a bit of gossip in my life lol.

Great news about the car Owl and pleased Wispa got her walk.

How did you get on at the GP Suzeanna?

Sounds like Tye is going from strength to strength with you Yantan. So happy for you all.

Nothing much to report from here. Cold but sunny day, did dog walks, a bit of shopping and tidying up in the garden. Back to wet and windy tomorrow so stuck indoors again.

Hope Blackmagic is still coping with the help of her family and that Merledogs hasnt been driven too mad by the pups.

Edited by eve

ok, short story, get a brew …… she said he will need neutering then he can go to his new home, this was last Thursday … so booked him in my vet for 10th, tomorrow.then rescue says he has a voucher, will they take it? what voucher? I don't know but ask if they will take it... (this is the short version)

so, cancel my vet, book for Thursday with a different vet that takes vouchers

phillip comes with voucher, ring vet, voucher covers so much, you have to pay the rest. rescue says no. okkkkk so, I ring my vet that's cheaper, they only have Friday.my son is off this week, so that's booked. 

I told rescue if they don't like that, im not messing my lovely vet around any more

oh, and the person that wanted him isn't reading messages, so one of the 30 on the waiting list will have him

thennnnn my dog that's leaving Ireland tomorrow (going to Coventry on the way) the ferrys cancelled due to bad weather …. so they are leaving from somewhere else phew

that's my day..... im going to bed

Sorry to hear that, Griff.  Is she in any pain? If so, can they relieve it? If it's true what they say that pets take after their owners, then she'll be like you and no intention of throwing in the towel!

GP yesterday is sending me for an xray on my ankle and shin.  He says he doesn't really expect it to show anything, but he wants to be able to rule things out before anything else.  He's also told me to up my codeine to 2 four times a day, plus paracetamol.  Oh wonderful...one three times a day played havoc with my digestion, doubling it will be fun!  Philip kindly said he'll arrange Dynarod to come round if I have too much trouble.  Think I mentioned I have a lumpy thing on my collar bone, with a mini lump just along from it? Well, the mini lump is now a maxi, I swear it's growing by the day.  It's ok them assuring me it's not cancer according to the ultrasound, but what the heck is it? Am I incubating some sort of alien invader?

Doggy Phillip sounds lovely Jazz!

• Haha 1

Suzeanna...I think you could be a gremlin, has Phillip been feeding you after midnight lol. When they put me on the chemo drips and steroid infusions...I had awful tummy problems, they gave me Movicol, it tastes vile but it does work.

Nah, she's in no pain at all, still bonkers, they have just called, she is done.. just waking up and can be collected at 12 lol...gets earlier each time😂😂😂

She's a tough little monster

• Like 2

Go Kota!

I need to get Wispa to vet for dental under anaesthetic next month. That will be fun, missing breakfast.  I will skip mine in solidarity.  

Movicol is worth a try.  I have known someone get good results from it when on strong painkillers.

Aww, Owl the things we do for our dogs! Good on you :thumbsup_still:

Suzeanna you do have the best attitude to your medical condition. I know it must get you down from time to time (if not all the time.)

I'm going to have to set Tye a fan club up in town. People are so attracted to him and make a bee line to come and make a fuss. He was totally loved up in the vets waiting room today. One lady was in her car waiting for her friend to pick something up. The whole of the front of the vets is glass so she spotted Tye and came in especially to make a fuss of him - although she had to join the queue! I never got this sort of response for Archie and George, bless them.

The vets registered him to the rescue so we get rescue rates but we've told both vets and rescue we'll take care of the routine costs. The consult was £20 and they didn't charge for the anal gland emptying. 

Awful, awful wet day here. I expect there will be some local flooding. 

Its great that Tye is getting such good reactions, too often folks shy away from what they imagine are "nasty" dogs. I know people used to give us a very wide berth when we were walking two dobes, although they were both very sweet girls. 

I find things annoying more than anything else, Yantan.  It's frustrating not being able to walk any distance, these lumps are baffling and the cancer is just ..there.   Worst thing about that is not knowing if you can plan ahead! I worry more about Philip, to be honest.  He can be a bit scatterbrained and I hate the idea of him being on his own. Mostly, I'm just grateful I'm still here at all, I was just reading about the woman who co founded Giffords Circus with her then husband, just died from stage 4 breast cancer at the age of 46 with young twin boys left behind.  

Certainly a different day to yesterday, been pouring and it's blowing a gale.  I think I heard the weather guy yesterday saying something about wintry showers possible tomorrow for our area..think I'll hibernate.

• Like 1