UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

We've worn Tye out today. He's had a ride to Penrith, been round Pets At Home where he was made a great fuss of by the staff, we bought him some nice treats and he was fitted for a harness and then we visited B&Q for a Christmas tree stand (but they were sold out) and a lovely customer came over too make a big fuss of him.

He's tried real Cumberland sausage.

Then he went for a walk round the wood at the top of our road.

He's slept all afternoon, apart from getting up to eat his tea and have a wee. He went straight back to his sofa and fell asleep!

I'll see if he's up to a quick turn around the block before bed later.

I hope you have all had a good day.

A celebrity already, bless him.

We had a good long field walk near the reserve, so Wispa had a nice day.  Mine was a bit stressful, as we started out with an urgent situation. 2 dogs dumped in Clumber Park, scared and aggressive, found by a cyclist who got online and asked for help. Very pleased with the folk on Clumber facebook page who had a lady out there quickly. She caught them easily by the time I had got the kennels lady down there. I suspect they were happier with women. Both in poor condition so being dumped may have been best thing to happen to them.

• Like 1

Ahhhh, that's so sad Owl

Lol bless Tye, so nice that people want to come and fuss him, we still have people avoiding us...mind, that could be me and not the dogs!!

Bought myself a new dress and top today...I deserve it! As it's denim I can wear it in winter with tights and fake tan in the summer

• Like 2

I know! gossiping like that!

but I won this one. she plays my favourite songs, and I actually don't feel alone

been to the boot sale. lovely hand made notebooks for 20p each, got most of them, and new little games 10p each, so they are all packed for the rescue to sell in their shop. got a new purple sleeping bag for 1 pound, lovely. ooo and a new winter coat for the new one for a pound

went into the pound shop for a light bulb. bog standard bulb. seems there is no such thing. couldn't see what I wanted, so that will be tescos

I hope you are all having a lovely day too xxxx

Went to Glasgow last night for a family night out. Was great having a catch up.

Wet, windy and hailstones here so the dogs haven't had a walk yet. They don't seem bothered though. Sounds like they were up watching TV most of the night with the dogsitter and it's worn them out lol.

How did your night out go Griff?

So sad about the two dogs Owl, but hopefully a new life begins for them now.

Lovely to hear about Tye's big day out Yantan. He seems to be taking everything in his stride and loving it all.

Good lot of bargains there Jazz.

2 ladies, on separate occasions, crossed the road to come and say hello to Tye and say what a gorgeous dog he is. So far we have had nothing but positive reactions to him.

I had a run in with the prospective Labour candidate in the general election for this constituency.  He consistently walks his dog off-lead both in the top section of the park where dogs are required to be on lead and everywhere else, including beside and crossing a busy main road! This morning his off-lead dog sat down in the road and pooped. He was already going in his gate and I am pretty sure he saw it but was going to ignore it so I called over for him to come and clean it up. He remarked that it was a good job there were no cars on the road (due to a partial closure for flood defence works) and I replied it was as otherwise his dog could have been squashed. 

So I took the opportunity to tell him I wasn't voting for him as I can't stand Jeremy Corbyn or most of his front bench. The exchange ended with him losing his temper and he told me he wasn't going to bother with me because I wasn't worth bothering with.  Nice.

If he does get into parliament I wonder if he will be capable of reasoned debate or he will just tell other MP's they aren't worth bothering with???

• Like 1

He sounds a charmer, Yantan...just the sort you'd expect to be a fan of Corbyn. Maybe the local paper would be interested in the fact he ignores the onlead rules?

I'm giving up on the idea of a blue badge, spent a while working through the application, scan this, scan that...then got to where I need a signed form from a health professional.  I saved it to look at today, when I did it says it sends a code to continue your progress..no code appeared.  If no code, you have to start the application again! Gahhh! Life's too short, I'll just keep hobbling.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Suzeanna....I had noene of that, I downloaded a form from my council website, scanned my letters saying who I was, copies of my prescription requests and had to attach a photo. As you have cancer, get in touch with Macmillan and ask if they can get someone to help you with the form.

Eve, my night out was great...a real distraction after a day of sh*te and I didn't get moaned at for getting drunk lol

Wow Yantan...the guys a git, film him on your phone, send it to me and I will upload it to Facebook...why should he be above the law...if I had my dog off lead in an onlead area I would be fined .. what makes him so special?

• Like 1