UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

Suzeanna, I applied for my blue badge online via the council, I just had to tell them what was wrong, I had to attach copies of my prescriptions...I would think in your case you will be granted the badge with no medical.... you supply your drs address so if they are bothered they will hopefully check with them.....I had to go for a medical but that's because most people aren't familiar with what I have, and neither of the Drs at my practice know me or my history

Eve, my 2 are fine Going for a walk in the rain but for seem weird reason won't go in the garden unless I go with them...funny little souls

• Like 1

A friend here in Cumbria had a knee replacement but it was very troublesome and painful. She applied by post, with the back-up of her GP, for a blue badge and got one for 6 months as she was expected to make a good recovery. She said the process was way easier than she thought.

Ruby got our Christmas and dog stuff out of the storage unit yesterday and George's Weatherbeeta coat is a reasonably good fit on Tye. He was very happy to go out in the rain last night for a round-the-block walk whilst wearing it. He had previously asked to be out but when he saw the rain from the open door he turned round and refused to go out. 

He slept on George's upstairs bed last night, which is beside my bed. I had to wake him up this morning, he did look cozy. It's big squishy cushion that moulds to his shape. 

Tye also met our postie yesterday morning whilst we were out in the garden. Tye wagged his tail like mad as postie came through the gate. Postie made a big fuss of him and asked if he could have a biscuit. As soon as Tye saw the biscuit he did a sit and then took it oh so gently. The postie was impressed with him. Such a difference from that other prat who is now banned from our house for upsetting Archie. 

• Like 1

so much to do today. booked the foster you don't know about, for neutering on Tuesday, then the rescue says do they take neutering vouchers? don't know what type. the vet boss is ringing me back. if they don't ive got to book him in a vets that does. I don't mind doing it, but give me all the info I need at the start!

When we had our first dobe, our usual postie loved her and always brought her a treat.  She used to run to meet him with great excitement! Then one day it was a different bloke, she went running down the path and he deliberately rammed his cycle into her as he thought she was attacking him (bear in mind she was only about 6 months old at the time!).  Ever after that she went mad at cycles and motor bikes, I was fuming.  I did point out that I wasn't so irresponsible that I'd have let her out the door if she was likely to go for anyone. Glad Ty is friendly, and you've got the bed to yourself again.  How's the wind? (His, not yours.)

• Like 1

Tye's wind has eased thank you for asking! Not eradicated but its much, much reduced and is no way as pungent. 

Eve how many times a week would you feed a staffy sardines?

We are all going out over the weekend to chose a real a Christmas tree. Only a short one about 3 or 4 ft which will be set on top of a table so Oh-My-Tye cannot c*** his leg on it.

Just had a letter from the hospital, CT scan appointment on the 2nd January.  That's a nice way to start the New Year..not! Still, better than an MRI, can't bear the racket of those things.

Yantan, I assume as you've not said anything unless I missed it that there's no problem with Ruby's eye?