UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December nearly christmas!

Jazz

Yantan, when Philip had several tears in his retina, he found he'd lost vision at one side of his eye..just a black blur.  They stitched it together with a laser in Moorfields in London, but if it is that Ruby won't be able to go straight back to driving, and you have to keep your head in a certain position for at least two hours, then lie only on one side at night for a week or more.  Hopefully it won't come to that.

Andrea, Candy's groomer, came to pick her up earlier.  I opened the door to her and she said Oh! You look well! to which I replied well don't sound so bloody surprised! We both had a laugh though, I know she didn't mean it quite how it came out.  Poor Candy fled and hid in the conservatory, she hates going, but Andrea says she's fine when she gets there and she always jumps into the van quite happily.  I'll find her a treat when she comes back home.

• Like 1

Awww Candy :wub:  

Thank you Eve for the link. 

Ruby's on her way home. She spoke to her regular optician and he's confident enough to leave her check until tomorrow, given her history with visual disturbances. I'm not so sure but what do I know. I suggested popping into Specsavers in Workington, near where she works but she was already on her back by then. Actually she was at the storage locker getting George's coat for Tye. Thank you for that info on Phil's treatment Suzeanna.

Jazz you must have shook my licence out when you found the cards because I've found it! Yay!

Me neither! No rain here yet..but due I think.

Can anyone with a blue badge for the car tell me, do you have to have a letter from a GP or do you just apply direct to whoever it is you apply too? My feet/legs are getting beyond a joke and it would help to be able to park nearer the supermarket.  I've looked at mobility scooters for getting around just locally but can't afford one, Philip did suggest a skateboard but I think I'd be a danger to myself and the general public! Last time I rode one of those I was in my twenties.

Depends on the council Suzeanna. Richard applied on-line up here but put as much medical information as he could on there and got accepted. Enfield Council made him go for an interview as well, but he still got it in the end. Don't know if either council contacted his GP but he didn't have to supply a letter from his GP to start it off.

• Like 1

Didn't see a post from Jazz anywhere so don't know about any little Yorkie boys called Philip.

Been raining heavy here all day. Dogs wouldn't go for walks and just had hurried dashes into the garden to go to the loo. They do play full on mental games so get lots of exercise.

How's Tye with house training Yantan? Hope the heavy rain hasn't hampered anything him being a staffie what could dissolve in all that wet stuff lol